foggy147

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

07:00 - BBC & Met report 25cm of snow due over Bournemouth from 6pm

11:00 - Local news bump that up to 40cm from 6pm

15:30 - 30 seconds of snow. Doesn't settle as ground was wet

20:00 - Not a single flake since 15:30. Pathetic.

I even got the sledge in the shed primed and ready.

Edit: It was -9 at 6am, went for a drive this evening and the car took longer to warm up that usual and didn't go into overdrive for a little while and stuck to 2nd/3rd in D for a little while whilst the box was still warming up I guess. So it's fecking cold here but somehow we have this anti-snow microclimate.

Ice and dangerous roads? Yep, we get that. Snow? Not a fecking flake :tongue:

During normal logical thought, the brain normally releases a substantial amount of heat.There is evidence that this is sufficient to raise local temperatures by 4-5 degrees K. However, whenever someone starts making illogical statements like this:

The weather here is to stay around or below freezing for the next two weeks, I blame all those tw@ts who witter on about global warming!

....and fails to understand really simple concepts like this:

Climate ≠ weather

...then, sadly, the brain has effectively stopped working and produces no heat whatsoever. This leads to a drop in the local temperature, leading to further severe conditions.

During normal logical thought, the brain normally releases a substantial amount of heat.There is evidence that this is sufficient to raise local temperatures by 4-5 degrees K. However, whenever someone starts making illogical statements like this:

...then, sadly, the brain has effectively stopped working and produces no heat whatsoever. This leads to a drop in the local temperature, leading to further severe conditions.

Tann, just think of it like this :

At least they still have some joules we could release via a chemical reaction and create heat.

Maybe this temperature is the triple point of some people's brains and so cease to function?

Reminds me last night I was reading the history of K and went on to read about cryocoolers. Amazing what you can learn when you suffer a bit of insomnia.If we think this is cold I'd hate to see us having to start measuring the atmosphere in K if it all does go to pot (which inevitably it will with heat death)

Best intellectual put-down of 2010 so far and I think it will stay that way all year.:D

LOL, such clever people we have on here......I love it :D

It's like a little Oxbridge in the corner of our very own forum :read:

Bit peed off that I didn't appear in your quote though mate :(

Not sure about Tannhauser .... :) I mean, I have met the gentleman, hell, he's sat in our kitchen and taken tea with us. I understand why he was suspicious of us now, he'd seen the Daily Mail on the table, I thought it was the final demand for the water rates that had caught his eye, but I see the problem now, I was doomed and damned in his eyes from the start ;) He's very kind to me on here, at times complimentary in fact, which I find genuinely flattering, even though we are obviously politically poles apart. What don't I get? Well, it's like this. I maybe go out some place, see some guy, say to `er indoors, "See that *wa* over there, I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him". She says, "Why, what's up with him?". I reply, "Dunno, but he wants a baseball bat over his head". End of conversation, we move on, usually to the bar. Now I worry that Tannhauser would ebb into a long, somewhat complex, and Bertie Russell like monologue about prejudices, fears, ethnicity, accent, town of origin, education, job function, hair style, dress, hell, God knows what else, the mind boggles. I never cease to be impressed by his posts, the depth of research put into them, the references to arcane reading matter substantiating his witterings, they are fantastic. But *PLEASE* tell me that just *OCCASIONALLY* he too has a "That *wa* wants a baseball bat over his head" moment, without recourse to any analysis or conjecture :) If not, my uncertainty remains, it's just not natural! :)

just got back from a call out in tunbridge wells, ive never seen snowflakes so large! about an inch fell in the space of 30 mins! made it back home to dartford (only just, after the usual twats driving at 5mph!) what infuriated me the most, i was following a griter (at first i thought 'result'!) on closer inspection i saw that it wasnt even gritting and the snowplough on the front wasnt even in use! :angry:

Was that a GTR :D

I wish:d E90 BMW 325i sport.

4" of snow outside and still coming down hard= no work tomorrow:(

Which inturn means ill have to spend the day with the wife:(

Baby has woke up and the wife is pretending to be asleep:rolleyes:

Which in turn means ive had to bail out of the forza 3 mkiv.net supra banger racing:d

Sick of this snow:d

I wish:d E90 BMW 325i sport.

4" of snow outside and still coming down hard= no work tomorrow:(

Which inturn means ill have to spend the day with the wife:(

Baby has woke up and the wife is pretending to be asleep:rolleyes:

Which in turn means ive had to bail out of the forza 3 mkiv.net supra banger racing:d

Sick of this snow:d

That was best behaviour that :D