The mkiv Supra Owners Club

more snow!

foggy147

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really taking the piss now.has started snowing very heavy again here.should be interesting getting to work yet again!when will it bloody end :(

The weather here is to stay around or below freezing for the next two weeks, I blame all those tw@ts who witter on about global warming!

It's natures way of saying that she's in charge, not us!:D

Global warming my arse!!

Funny ain't it, the minute we get a couple of days of hot weather in the summer all the tree huggers are out whining on about Global Warming yet they are strangely quite when the weather is the other end of the scale :D

Funny ain't it, the minute we get a couple of days of hot weather in the summer all the tree huggers are out whining on about Global Warming yet they are strangely quite when the weather is the other end of the scale :D

Could not agree more!! Coldest winter on record for 15 years I think.........global warming PAH!

-8 here last night, looking like it may be lower still tonight, I gave the dogs a hot feed last thing, which is very rare, and I am worried about the Turacos as they don't like this at all. Two of our Russian Black Terrier males who live a somewhat fragile relationship together were huddled like two spoons this morning, keeping warm obviously outranked competitive instincts. All their water bowls were solid to the bottom when I went out this morning, never had that here before.

really taking the piss now.has started snowing very heavy again here.should be interesting getting to work yet again!when will it bloody end :(

it's not started over this way, seems to be a bit on the shed roof but that's it. Better stay that way as i can't afford to lose more wages and already dented two alloys.

We've had down to -14.5 here at different times over xmas/new year and we ran out of heating oil a couple of days before xmas and no-one would deliver any untill the just after new year so we had a cold xmas. The supra hasn't been able to get out of the drive for nearly 2 weeks now even though the road just 30yrds away is usually clear after ploughing.

Safe to say I am also getting very pissed off with this weather. I usually love it as it means I get to go skiing at Glenshee but I've already been three times since the first snow, the novelty has thoroughly worn off.

That sounds like my cue.:D

As I understand it global warming will cause our climate to cool considerably due to the failure of the Atlantic conveyor current. If you compare the climates of countries at a similar latitude to us you'll see that they have much harsher winters than we do and possibly hotter summers.

I'm sure Tannhauser or someone will come along and elaborate on this or correct me if I'm wrong.

As I understand it global warming will cause our climate to cool considerably due to the failure of the Atlantic conveyor current. If you compare the climates of countries at a similar latitude to us you'll see that they have much harsher winters than we do and possibly hotter summers.

and the adverts are banging on about the bloody polar bears having nowhere to live because of global warming. When their iceberg melts, ship 'em off to Scotland for the winter.

Not terribly dear, ours are white cheeked turacos, fairly common in captivity, and quite hardy. I would like a pair of violaceous, but they are tricky to keep in our climate, outside, and very expensive. The white cheeeked have a nice call, not as good as the two kookaburras they share the aviary with, but still quite "jungly" :) I can here the kookaburras squabbling 200 yards away! The peafowl are the best though, but luckily only for 8 weeks a year ;)

Turaco call:

Kookaburra call:

http://www.turacos.co.uk/forsale.htm

Violaceous Turaco :

Not terribly dear, ours are white cheeked turacos, fairly common in captivity, and quite hardy. I would like a pair of violaceous, but they are tricky to keep in our climate, outside, and very expensive. The white cheeeked have a nice call, not as good as the two kookaburras they share the aviary with, but still quite "jungly" :) I can here the kookaburras squabbling 200 yards away! The peafowl are the best though, but luckily only for 8 weeks a year ;)

Turaco call:

Kookaburra call:

http://www.turacos.co.uk/forsale.htm

Violaceous Turaco :

They sound great and the cats have just gone nuts lol, The breeder in the link is just up the road from me aswell. :)

I dont know if you know where clifton marina is but I just had to drive up and and its not been gritted, Only just made it by driving right next the curb on the wrong side of the road I could still see tarmac:d rest of it is cover in snow and no one's gettin up on the left side.

I dont know if you know where clifton marina is but I just had to drive up and and its not been gritted, Only just made it by driving right next the curb on the wrong side of the road I could still see tarmac:d rest of it is cover in snow and no one's gettin up on the left side.

watch out for forza style driving mate, its expensive:p