FAO Man Utd fans

CJ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just plagiarised this from the BBC 606 forum:

The Premier League and Football League are in urgent discussions today to decide the points to be deducted from Leeds Utd due to the following crimes...

1) For spoiling the natural law of the FA Cup - Round 4 = Spurs vs Man Utd

2) For making Mr Wes Brown look stupid and talentless when we all know he is really an England international

3) For making Mr Gary Neville look slow and stupid (again)

4) For making the usual mild and placid Sir Alex Ferguson go a new shade of red and so angry he criticised referees and time keeping for the first time ever

5) For forcing the beloved national broadcaster (ITV) into saying nice things about Leeds. Nice things about Leeds also had to reported on the BBC website and in the national press.

6) For making Daily Mirror columnist Ian Winwood look especially stupid after his neutral and balanced piece that suggested Leeds were in a lose - lose position and should have either lost against Kettering or been hammered at Old Trafford.

7) For embarrassing the creators of the Old Trafford programme. The "Welcome back" headline was supposed to be ironic and not a rallying call for Leeds to win and push for double promotion.

8) For the disgraceful behaviour of the 9000 Leeds fans that travelled to the game and out sang and out supported the good people of Manchester (and surrounding countries)- and completely ruined their extremely long journeys home!

9) Special punishment should be metered out to Mr Simon Grayson who has now shown everyone that the there is an alternative to giving in at Old Trafford. What happens if other teams actually follow Leeds and try, press the play, tackle, attack and dare to score and win? It would surely be an end to civilisation as we know it!

10) Finally Mr Jermaine Beckford should either face a life ban or transfer to a bench somewhere. For years he has been creating this persona as a striker who bottles the big occasion. This was clearly all a plan to confuse the beloved "United".

Leeds should be stopped now or they'll only get promoted twice and who knows what the decade will hold! :D

Another from 606 - and yes, I'm really enjoying this :D:

To all referees:

Yet again a game has been ended at Old Trafford whilst Man. Utd. are losing.

Please note that this practise must stop immediately. The game MUST be allowed to continue until such time as Man. Utd. are not losing.

Any referee failing to adhere to this instruction will be subject to immediate and indefinite suspension.

This matter is not open to discussion.

I really enjoyed the game, turned it over 10 mins from the end of the first half. Thought it was thoroughly entertaining. Almost as good as watching Rangers get absolutely hammered by Celtic yet still manage to come away with a point!

What was the 5 mins added on all about though? Was the ref trying to give Man-U the extra few mins to score?

Ahh that explains it. So what about the Sir Furious comment where he mentioned the extra time was a disgrace? Seemed to get pounded for having no class due to backing up your own argument against his own team :p

He rambled on about the extra time but failed to mention that his team of "superstars" failed to break down our team of minnows for 90 minutes prior to that.

As I said earlier, no class.

He rambled on about the extra time but failed to mention that his team of "superstars" failed to break down our team of minnows for 90 minutes prior to that.

As I said earlier, no class.

Did he? Interview I seen he commended Leeds on their display and said they were worthy winners. He was clearly raging about his teams performance but that is to be expected.

Think it was sky sports iirc.

Did he? Interview I seen he commended Leeds on their display and said they were worthy winners. He was clearly raging about his teams performance but that is to be expected.

Think it was sky sports iirc.

He said that the fact there was only 5 minutes added was a disgrace to his players and football in general. Apparently (this was said by a few other posters but I didn't see it) he also refused to shake hands with our manager at the end of the game.

He praised Leeds performance and if that shows no class then i dont know what does, cant confirm nor deny the handshake as i had switched off by then, yes it means that much even though i dont live in Manchester.

It always makes me laugh how people go on about how Man Utd fans dont come from Manchester when the vast majority of Premiership teams fans are exactly the same. Anyone who thinks otherwise is quite clearly deluded.

CJ, your keeper made some big saves, we should have had a penalty unless contact was outside of the box for the Owen tackle/hauling down. A few big clearances off the line and lets be honest a lucky goal from Beckford. Not our day at the office but a great game of football for the neutral

It always makes me laugh how people go on about how Man Utd fans dont come from Manchester when the vast majority of Premiership teams fans are exactly the same. Anyone who thinks otherwise is quite clearly deluded.

Did I read that right? The vast majority of fans supporting Prem teams are not from the place where there teams play? So more Hull fans are from Portsmouth/Wrexham/Newcastle etc than from Hull (etc)? :blink:

If you mean Manchester/Liverpool/Chelski then maybe you're right but leave the rest of em out of it

EDIT oh and as a Boro fan I hate to congratulate Leeds at the best of times but I'll make an exception on this occasion

He said that the fact there was only 5 minutes added was a disgrace to his players and football in general. Apparently (this was said by a few other posters but I didn't see it) he also refused to shake hands with our manager at the end of the game.

Ahh that's different. I thought he was saying it should have been less than 5 mins.

I certainly thought 5 mins was more than enough. Never noticed the handshake so can't comment.

...CJ, your keeper made some big saves, we should have had a penalty unless contact was outside of the box for the Owen tackle/hauling down. A few big clearances off the line and lets be honest a lucky goal from Beckford. Not our day at the office but a great game of football for the neutral

A lucky goal? What, the one that started with a 40 yard through ball? The one where despite being under pressure from an England international and a premiership keeper he still managed to squeeze in from a tight angle? Oh, yes, lucky indeed. :rolleyes:

You seem to have forgotten the shot from Beckford that missed by inches and the free kick from Snodgrass that hit the post/bar. Obviously they would have been lucky too. :rolleyes:

You see, this is just the type of attitude that has every other football fan in the country loving it when man utd get beaten.

Like I said, no class.

p.s. Hope you like the new avatar :D

Yep you are right, But Utd are by far the worse for it. Thats why people dislike them so much.

These are the match stats as reported by the BBC. Hardly looks like a lucky win to me.

Possession:

* Man Utd 46%

* Leeds United 54%

Attempts on target:

* Man Utd 5

* Leeds United 4

Attempts off target:

* Man Utd 13

* Leeds United 6

Corners:

* Man Utd 8

* Leeds United 3

Fouls:

* Man Utd 11

* Leeds United 10

These are the match stats as reported by the BBC. Hardly looks like a lucky win to me.

Possession:

* Man Utd 46%

* Leeds United 54%

Attempts on target:

* Man Utd 5

* Leeds United 4

Attempts off target:

* Man Utd 13

* Leeds United 6

Corners:

* Man Utd 8

* Leeds United 3

Fouls:

* Man Utd 11

* Leeds United 10

you're wasting your time mate :) United fans don't listen either way just sit back and laugh.

you're wasting your time mate :) United fans don't listen either way just sit back and laugh.

The sad thing is, most people who watched the game would say it was a fantastic game of football and every neutral I spoke to agreed that Leeds deserved the win.

What a different feeling for us Leeds fans compared to a year ago when we lost to Histon. Then we were the brunt of so much abuse but hey, you have to take it on the chin eh?

The sad thing is, most people who watched the game would say it was a fantastic game of football and every neutral I spoke to agreed that Leeds deserved the win.

What a different feeling for us Leeds fans compared to a year ago when we lost to Histon. Then we were the brunt of so much abuse but hey, you have to take it on the chin eh?

I agreed, you deserved to win, United huffed and puffed and did FA. United's defence is shocking and Beckford is a good striker so he got a goal and deserved it. The passage of play before the Leeds goal was the difference between the two, the sheer passion the Leeds players had to win the ball and to battle.

The funny thing is if the United goalie stayed on his line, Beckford probably wouldn't have scored.

Yep you are right, But Utd are by far the worse for it. Thats why people dislike them so much.

Correct, even more when they live outside London.

I met with some mates mates & got talking to one chick and I was telling her I got to go as I got game early Saturday... she told me ahh I love football (Thought great!) So I asked who did she support, she said Manchester United... I walked off. :D

Ask a real fan, any real fan... if your team lose because they played bad, you accept it and say "Yeah our defence played rubbish or could have done better in first half etc. Ask a Manchester London United fan and they come out with, we didn't have our best players on (This is why everyone in the main squad is playing apart from Neville!).

Funny how Man U fans think Leeds were lucky. Being in a neutral position supporting west ham, i think leeds could have been 4 up after 40 minutes, the last time i saw a side pressurize united all over the pitch and not drop deep was Porto in the champions league last year, it was fantastic tactical management by Grayson and Becchio (sp?) was superb at leading the line. It just goes to show that most managers are pathetic, they go to old trafford and surrender, i bet Wolves fans wished their manager had more tactical nous to be able to take his side to old trafford and compete instead of making 10 changes because you expected to lose anyway.