The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front end damaged 560bhp VVTI Supra

MarkR

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats it like to drive?

Very nice. It accelerates hard all the way through the range, although you can feel the powerband shift slighty at about the same point the Supra did (I haven't looked down yet to see what RPM it's at). I had it in a 4 wheel drift around a roundabout the first day I had it, and it handled it really well. The cornering and braking is phenomenal.

It could do with a turbo or some more NA power but otherwise I have no complaints. It's difficult to drive slowly though which is where the Supra had the advantage. From 1-2k rpm, you have to rev it a bit or it stalls. No pulling away using engine speed. It needs definite revs to get moving (Not so cool looking in front of a crowd when you stall :blush: ).

Very nice. It accelerates hard all the way through the range, although you can feel the powerband shift slighty at about the same point the Supra did (I haven't looked down yet to see what RPM it's at). I had it in a 4 wheel drift around a roundabout the first day I had it, and it handled it really well. The cornering and braking is phenomenal.

It could do with a turbo or some more NA power but otherwise I have no complaints. It's difficult to drive slowly though which is where the Supra had the advantage. From 1-2k rpm, you have to rev it a bit or it stalls. No pulling away using engine speed. It needs definite revs to get moving (Not so cool looking in front of a crowd when you stall :blush: ).

Just to say that the Boxster S has the same issue... needs revs to pull away.

will they tell u what breaker it goes to?

Doubt it unless I specifically ask but I'm trying to stay away from the situation. A little bird told me the garage was stripping parts (effectively stealing from the insurance company) so I'm keen to keep my distance. :Pling:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.