The mkiv Supra Owners Club

registration plate

Carbon_Bullet

not for sale just yet, just seeing if this would take any interest, just seen a private plate i would like, plus my mother is willing to pay for it as a xmas present haha,

reg for sale.. L4**MJB.. £150+ plus transfer fee's etc, can provide an post both plates,

not to sure if it's worth what i am asking but looking most plates start at £200+, not to sure if i can sell it like this either!

pm me any questions,

cheers

chris

unless it's L400 or L444 it's not a private one? but how come it's worth that much? isn't it cheaper to get from DVLA?

How does L400 or L444 make it a private plate ? Their just standard prefix reg numbers

Proper private plates of any real value are non prefix in my book, apart from a few prefix ones like ELV 1S which sold for £25k a while ago :(

I only said that because on the DVLA website they sell those numbers as personalised numbers that's all.

Their just numbers that arent registered to anything as far as i know, L400 plates are from £245 but nothing special imo.

Lots of L??? TRD plates for £245 !

Do you think my wow plate is worth much then?

For example on the DVLA reg site L400 WOW is £245 and theres a few other WOW plates all the same price, its really down to someone wanting the reg youve got.

Reg values arent easy to figure out especially the non prefix type, i had ADS 22 for several years and decided to sell it, i was happy i got 4 times what i paid for it :)

Its now back up for sale at over £9000 :blink:

For example on the DVLA reg site L400 WOW is £245 and theres a few other WOW plates all the same price, its really down to someone wanting the reg youve got.

Reg values arent easy to figure out especially the non prefix type, i had ADS 22 for several years and decided to sell it, i was happy i got 4 times what i paid for it :)

Its now back up for sale at over £9000 :blink:

Anything with only 5 characters is worth loads mate. :(

It could be someone's initials and birthday. = kerching.

How does L400 or L444 make it a private plate ? Their just standard prefix reg numbers

Proper private plates of any real value are non prefix in my book, apart from a few prefix ones like ELV 1S which sold for £25k a while ago :(

Technically (if you want to get in to it), a plate that has a year letter and then either the numbers 1-20, or repeat numbers (ie 444) is classed as a 'personalised' plate. You could argue that numbers like 90 or 300 would also make it slightly more desirable, but I have a reg value guide book that only lists 1-20 or repeat numbers as making the plate worth more.

If there is no year letter, then it is a 'private' plate, and worth the most.

If it has an I or Z in the letter grouping, along with no other year letter and just numbers, then it's an irish plate, and technically private, but worth a lot less (they start at around £80 I think)

If it's a Q then it's a kit car or something similar (normally when the original VIN plate doesn't correspond to what the car is or soemthing like that, or scrap cars where a certain percentage of the car is newer, not too sure on Q plates)

Of course if a plate is appropriate to a certain person, then in their eyes it is worth more. I know someone who brought the plate ??03 OCT as the ?? were her initials, and her birthday was 3rd october. To anyone else it could just be a standard new plate, but to her it's personal and worth more.

Only a private plate if it mean's anything to someone for example MJB could be someone's initials so in essence it would be worth for them to pay for it. Like mine says ABZ, it would only appeal to someone to uses a similar name (My full name is not ABZ :p).

An it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.