The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my first xmas gift and I hate it!!!

kjgreen3

£60 fine and three points fixed penalty at half 10 last night.

Not for speeding not for dangerous driving which I would have took on the chin. But for parking too close to a pedestrian crossing whilst waiting for my gf to get a pizza from the place across the road from where I was parked. In my defense it was snowy and slushy and I couldn't see the end of the zig zag lines and I was parked at least a car and a bit length away.

These "coppers" had already been up and down this road and had passed me at least 3 times without stopping even though drunk people were in the middle of the road trying to hail anything that moved and some large group of youths were throwing snowballs at moving vehicles and people. These events made me question why they didn't stop to sort these out but decided on me. Fair enough if it was a check on my sobriety I welcome it as drink driving is a stupid thing to do. I aced the test (my first time ;) broke my breathaliser virginity) but it seems like they decided not to use descretion in my case.

I was civil with them, give them all available information I had on me at the time. The car (suzuki vitara) was mot'd, insured and taxed so I was legal in every sense of the word. But still the fixed penalty, I wish I had been rude, obnoxious and unco-operative as it seems you get let off with less if you mess with their power trip.

Anyway rant over looking forward to my renewal going up next year not, anyone suggest a good insurer who won't sting you with 3 points on your license?

If the lines weren't visible properly on the road you should have refused the fixed penalty (did you know you can do this? You should be given the option of FP or report for summons.) Might have been a bit of hassle, but with pics to prove the lines were not correctly displayed then you may have had a reasonable chance of getting away with it.

Typical police behaviour. Hit the motorist as it's an easy target for money, even though there are others who require the attention of the police more.

You could either contest the ticket (by calling the number on the back/writing a letter to the address on the back), or tell them to stick it up their arse (in the most polite and lawful way possible):

http://www.tpuc.org/node/393

http://www.tpuc.org/node/315

http://www.tpuc.org/content/pcns-penalty-charge-notices-are-not-fines-

If they had not have forced me to move the car before getting me into the back of the cop car I think I would have taken some photo's and got both their badge numbers and said see you in court. Also I would have taken witness testemonies stating they were infact not carrying out their duty regarding dangerous behaviour by others members of the public as stated in my first post.

However hindsight is a wonderful thing and I get the feeling that the copper who issued the fixed penalty and 3 points didn't get a blowjob from his boyfriend that day so was in a foul mood and hence targeted me. I hope karma sorts them out...... maybe with food poisoning and the sh*ts from christmas dinner tomorrow, heres hoping!

On a side note the pizza was fricking tasty although not worth 67 quid which is in effect what it cost me!

Could you see if the kerb was a drop kerb? Had you never been to the pizza shop before? If so then yes you've got a reasonable excuse.

I live in a road which has a Domino's pizza at mouth of the street adjacent to mine and on a Friday and Saturday night people park on the double yellow lines, the mouth of the road and numerous times I have had to go into the shop to find out which delightful person has parked on the drop kerb stopping me getting into my drive and it's quite clear as there's a good 10 foot of drop kerb either side of my driveway entrance. Yet people still park there. Some people in fact just park in front of my drive while they wait 15 minutes for their pizza and don't quite get the idea why I've had to park my car down the road, walk in the rain to the pizza shop to find out who it is.

One day someone's going to need an ambulance down our road or a fire engine and it won't be able to get there promptly because someone is parked on a double yellow or a drop kerb or at the mouth of the road because they didn't want to walk 1-2 minutes to go get their pizza and park responsibly.

I have empathy for you if you really couldn't see the drop kerb, but otherwise park a bit further away if you are in a hazardous or crowded stretch of road and consider why you the police say you shouldn't park where you were fined.