The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An Eye for an Eye?

Soop Dogg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You intend on hitting them and the outcome may be death, A witness sees you through a punch he goes down and is dead. Now how will that bee seen in court. He called my mrs a name I hit him and he died. Its not premeditated but you are the reason for the death occurring.

I understand where you are coming from but I think that would be too strict an approach. Let me give you an example...I am in a karate competition, I deliver quite a deadly blow to the head (I admit it I ended up hitting harder than I should. I win the fight but the competitor dies because of internal bleeding to his brain.

Should I then get a death sentence?

I personally think all cases should be seen on a individual merit, for example a fight occurred outside a night club. It could happen to anyone of us...Someone says something to my missus, makes a lunge at me & I deliver one solid blow to the face. He goes out cold, looks like he is unconscious & he gets up after 5 minutes for only for me to find out the following day he is dead. It is my fault for hitting him, but I was provoked & in self defence had to disable him from hurting me or the missus. I never intended to kill him, just leave to hurt him so then he doesn't attack me. Would you then say I should lose my life because of a crime I didn't "intend". I could agree on doing time for it and a person of my nature I would have to live with this guilty thought for the rest of my life.