The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An Eye for an Eye?

Soop Dogg

Yes, taking a life is taking a life, it was my choice to hit him causing him to fall. It was my fault due to my actions it was an accident that he hit his head but not a accident that I hit him. Its like saying I stabbed someone but accidentally hit a main artery, I meant to wound not kill.

So you say Oi leave her alone and he starts hitting you, you should take it incase you kill him?

It comes down to that thing again called "choice", You decide what to do if it goes tits up then you deal with the consequences its in your hands at all time. You decide, he might fall he might not but if he does its your fault. As i'm sure if you do something wrong its your fault. Correct me if im wrong as if I am I will tell the police its not my fault im speeding its sams as she wants to get home quicker, next time i get pulled over.

These days there doesn't even need to be a catalyst in these situations, the old "did you spill my pint" thing that once led to a bit of an exchange of blows has been replaced by a desire to just go out and hit someone... anyone...

In this situation, you are being beaten by one of more people, your life is at risk, you fight back, you do a decent job of it, one of them bangs his head against something and dies.

Do you just kill yourself there and then to save the hassle in court etc or hope that the justice system is in place to protect you?

OK the current system doesn't always make sense and isn't always fair but better to let someone out early because of a mistake than to send a letter of apology for chopping the wrong legs off surely?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes down to that thing again called "choice", You decide what to do if it goes tits up then you deal with the consequences its in your hands at all time. You decide, he might fall he might not but if he does its your fault. As i'm sure if you do something wrong its your fault. Correct me if im wrong as if I am I will tell the police its not my fault im speeding its sams as she wants to get home quicker, next time i get pulled over.

I guess there would be a certain notion of "intent"; not to mention your criminal history, witnesses, etc

All im trying to get across is that every action has a reaction and you cant expect to do something and get away with it. Is that so hard to understand.

I'll be honest, you aren't doing a great job of helping us to understand.

It's all a bit Jeremy Kyle when we would rather be on Question Time.

I guess there would be a certain notion of "intent"; not to mention your criminal history, witnesses, etc

:thanks:

You intend on hitting them and the outcome may be death, A witness sees you through a punch he goes down and is dead. Now how will that bee seen in court. He called my mrs a name I hit him and he died. Its not premeditated but you are the reason for the death occurring.

your attempt is amicable however your logic is ridiculous :)

I aint a lawyer and have nothing to do with law. So yes I may be wrong but thats how i see it. This is a open debate where everyones thoughts are welcome. Having never been in this position my knowledge will be sketchy and wrong at times, Im a autolec and mechanic, Just giving my opinion.

as for sam shes had to deal with a bad childhood so I can see where shes coming from

I fail to see how that has anything to do with this thread.

Applying that same logic if she murdered someone would she not get your 'death for murder' sentence because she's had a bad childhood? Just trying to understand the logic here....:blink:

:thanks:

You intend on hitting them and the outcome may be death, A witness sees you through a punch he goes down and is dead. Now how will that bee seen in court. He called my mrs a name I hit him and he died. Its not premeditated but you are the reason for the death occurring.

Dont think anyone is saying that the guy should get a pat on the back for his efforts. Think perhaps I misunderstood the following post of yours:

Yes, taking a life is taking a life, it was my choice to hit him causing him to fall. It was my fault due to my actions it was an accident that he hit his head but not a accident that I hit him.

the impression you left me with is that it should be counted as 1st degree murder and the guy should be sentenced accordingly - that would be just silly.

I fail to see how that has anything to do with this thread.

Applying that same logic if she murdered someone would she not get your 'death for murder' sentence because she's had a bad childhood? Just trying to understand the logic here....:blink:

I was stating that as I could see she was getting wound up, and thats the last thing I want especially over a bloody thread.

Dont think anyone is saying that the guy should get a pat on the back for his efforts. Think perhaps I misunderstood the following post of yours:

the impression you left me with is that it should be counted as 1st degree murder and the guy should be sentenced accordingly - that would be just silly.

No never meant 1st degree murder.

well at the moment i find my self in a position. my best m8 since 3 years of ages house got broken into the nite before last. hes nan woke up panicd and has broke her hip, will spend christmas in hospital,

the police caught who did it, there already out and bragging about it, we know who did it and we both agree thta they should spend christmas in hospital suffering also, so they will. justice.

Cool. When you're inside for GBH you can enroll on an English course. Prison isn't such a bad thing after all.

Yes, taking a life is taking a life, it was my choice to hit him causing him to fall. It was my fault due to my actions it was an accident that he hit his head but not a accident that I hit him. Its like saying I stabbed someone but accidentally hit a main artery, I meant to wound not kill.

No. No it's not.