The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An Eye for an Eye?

Soop Dogg

well at the moment i find my self in a position. my best m8 since 3 years of ages house got broken into the nite before last. hes nan woke up panicd and has broke her hip, will spend christmas in hospital,

the police caught who did it, there already out and bragging about it, we know who did it and we both agree thta they should spend christmas in hospital suffering also, so they will. justice.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well at the moment i find my self in a position. my best m8 since 3 years of ages house got broken into the nite before last. hes nan woke up panicd and has broke her hip, will spend christmas in hospital,

the police caught who did it, there already out and bragging about it, we know who did it and we both agree thta they should spend christmas in hospital suffering also, so they will. justice.

You do realised that you've just published your intent to carry out a criminal offence in the public area of an internet forum?:blink:

You can disagree, im not preaching this but just voicing my opinion. The police in my area are useless. A group of us got stopped outside a pub as we had pints in our hands and were sat on the wall. Mean while a fight broke out and the arse just looked at them fighting done nothing and gave us tickets for drinking in a public place. This shows that he is not up for the job and chickened out of doing his job of keeping the piece. Imo a soldier with a gun is more likely to have stopped that fight than that copper. People think they are above the law and we need policing that will make people think twice about committing a crime. If they know there is a chance of being caught and a good chance of a death penalty then they will more than likely think twice.

And what if your loved one is the one that committed the murder etc?

What if in a moment of madness Nevins got annoyed and killed someone. Would you think he should be murdered back?

What goes around comes around. If he did do something like that im hardly going to stick around and put myself in danger too am i?

If you have the ability to purposely kill someone then why should you be allowed to spend a few year tucked up nicely behind bars, fed and watered, then allowed back onto the streets to life the rest of your life and possibly do it again? Whilst the poor person who was victim to your "moment of madness" lose their life? The familys have to live the rest of their lives with an empty hole that cannot be filled? No consideration for the victim or the loved ones is taking into consideration at all.

There are so many different types of crimes which in my eyes should be dealt with differently. Not throw everyone behind bars and be done with it.

if anything you have justified what i have said! They are there to protect us, and to eliminate any possible threat. So why should murderers who do it purely for the pleasure they get out of it not be treated the same way? Surely eliminating them is for the greater good?

OK, what about soldiers who kill other soldiers in battle then? By your reasoning, they should all be killed too... by soldiers, apparently :blink:

War is war, its not pretty if its accidental as in blue on blue then that is dealt with by military police. Where have i stated in any thing I have written about soldiers killing soldiers. If the soldier killed someone out of war then yes they deserve the death penalty.

Yes, exactly, war is the answer. I'm glad we cleared that up. :rolleyes:

If those who committed the most serious of offences were dealt with in such a horific way, ill bet my life it will encourgage others not to follow suit. At the moment, prison life is too comfortable, there for is a small price to pay for such huge devistation. You see it all the time where prisoners get so comfortble inside, that when they come out, they commit any crime just to go back in. In their eyes its a holiday camp!

In the end of the day im free to voice my opinion weather you like it or not, as for sam shes had to deal with a bad childhood so I can see where shes coming from and totally agree with her, and for her to talk about stuff like this I have utter respect for her as its not easy for her.

If, as you say, the death penalty is such a great deterrent, then why does the USA still have a very high level of murder?

It isn't used often enough :D

In all seriousness the US has its own problems and I see their system as being even worse than ours. I know it's fictional but Law Abiding Citizen points this out rather nicely. If you are still looking for movies have a little gander of that one.

An eye for an eye is never going to work, I think everyone knows that. We are just, as a society, so fed up with the current systems in place to allegedly rehabilitate criminals. Their quality of life is better than a lot of law abiding citizens, and that just stinks.

IMO people are swinging their thoughts to the exact opposite of the scale. If somoene in my family was murdered in a horrific way I would like nothing more than to see the exact same happen to them. I could live with it if they spent the rest of their life in some shitty prison with next to no quality of life and no rights.... but no... they would get a nice little hilton suite, digital television, games consoles, the internet, 3 square meals a day, priviliges this, priviliges that and then out in probably half the time they were meant to serve.

That isn't justice

We are just thinking in the heat of the moment. I think everyone would agree that the system at the moment is naff, it isn't a deterant, rarely do violent criminals ever get rehabiitated and it certainly isn't a punishment.

Chopping everyones hands off isn't the answer but there has to be some common ground between the 2.

lok at the size of the country and population size difference. Also look how easy it is to own a fire arms over there. Once again completely different law system

I'm not sure what the size of the country or population has to do with it. If you look at each individual state that has the death penalty then the stats still say that it doesn't work as a deterrent.

As for the gun laws, are you seriously trying to tell me that guns are not readily available in the UK?

Again, it is just my opinion but I really do not think that a sterner penalty will have the criminal thinking along the lines of "I had better not do this as it will mean the death penalty".

I'm not sure what the size of the country or population has to do with it. If you look at each individual state that has the death penalty then the stats still say that it doesn't work as a deterrent.

As I said, it is rarely used due to politics. Noone fears something that is never used.

As for the gun laws, are you seriously trying to tell me that guns are not readily available in the UK?

Legally? Yes, even to get a shotgun license is a nightmare. You can buy a shotgun in wallmart in the US. It is also legal to shoot someone on your property in some states.

Again, it is just my opinion but I really do not think that a sterner penalty will have the criminal thinking along the lines of "I had better not do this as it will mean the death penalty".

Maybe not, but I reckon the victims families will feel a lot better and at least get a bit of respite knowing the criminal is being punished for their crimes.... regardless of if it's the death penalty or not.

So would you commit a crime where you may get caught and given the death penalty, Or on the other hand do a crime where you know if you get caught you get a slap on the wrist and put in jail for a couple of years. I know which choice i would make

....Maybe not, but I reckon the victims families will feel a lot better and at least get a bit of respite knowing the criminal is being punished for their crimes.... regardless of if it's the death penalty or not.

So it isn't about justice or punishment or a deterrent, just revenge?

So would you commit a crime where you may get caught and given the death penalty, Or on the other hand do a crime where you know if you get caught you get a slap on the wrist and put in jail for a couple of years. I know which choice i would make

But you are now supposing that the criminals think that way. Once again I ask why there is still murder in some states of America where they know for sure that they will get the death penalty if caught.

I'm not saying I am for or against the death penalty. I am saying that to my mind there is no evidence that it acts as the deterrent you think it is.

It isn't used often enough :D

In all seriousness the US has its own problems and I see their system as being even worse than ours. I know it's fictional but Law Abiding Citizen points this out rather nicely. If you are still looking for movies have a little gander of that one.

I'd recommend this movie as well! This does show how the law status works. I work for a law firm & can confirm with you right now if you can use all the tricks in the book you can get away with anything. How else do you think all these lawyers get successful and make loads of money. Not because they want to do the good, they are being paid by clients to get them out of the situation.

The soldier issue is a different story which should be started in a new thread.

What about if you say, had an arguement with your wife, got in your car, sped off and accidently knocked someone over and killed them. With the current justice system you would likely go to jail where you would have to live with the impact of what you had done.

Under eye for an eye are we saying its acceptable for the family of the deceased to then run that person over?