The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Triffids!

Thorin

I can never recall whether the meteor shower that blinded everyone had any link to the Triffids. Were they of the same race, from outer space?

Thora Hird's daughter was very nice in the film.

The triffids were a new plant that had been developed that produced oil. So not aliens. But I don't recall if the meteor shower brought them to life or if they were "alive" anyway. :search:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The triffids were a new plant that had been developed that produced oil. So not aliens. But I don't recall if the meteor shower brought them to life or if they were "alive" anyway. :search:

The Triffids were a new plant (can't remember where they had originated from, but I think it was Brazil that they were first found) that were being farmed to produce medicines. They were already known to be dangerous and were kept fenced in.

The meteor shower was just a coincidence, but due to the fact that most of the world went blind, the Triffids were able to break loose and roam free.

I loved the BBC series as a kid and actually downloaded it a few months ago. It was still pretty good, although seemed to stop a bit abruptly.

Yeh i'm watching it. Seems ok although I can't actually remember anything about the book aside from the plants are bad. I'm not a huge fan of the main girl from Nip/Tuck, and was that Jason Presley from Beverly Hills 90210 I just saw? lol. Strange cast.

I knew I recognised him! Jason Priestley.

It was pretty good, and animating daft looking plants would be difficult, but they weren't that bad at all.

Looking forward to the second part tomorrow. :)

Much better than the last TV version. They made it very topical this time round. Looking forward to the one tomorrow. It was always going to be tough to animate plants on a budget, not a bad job of doing it this time. If anyone has not read the book, it is certainly worth reading, by a excellent author.

What a load of rubbish.

Oooooh ooooh look out theres a big nasty plant sneaking up on you at sub walking pace lol

Sorry i guess the books much better but as a tv program or film its rubbish, same as the Hitchhikers guide, great book even the audio version was good but on tv (bloody awfull)

I must admit, it was pretty pants..

It started okay and then went downhill fats.

The best part of the whole episode was Eddie Izzard.

The best part was the 2 Triffids racing across Tower Bridge pmsl, is this a comedy or scary like Dr Who, bring back the ciber men i say :blink: