The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A router problem

CJ

Glad you got it sorted CJ.

I now have a problem that I cannot remember my user name nor password from my isp to set up the new connections. And as this is Greece, it is going to be a long drawn out process trying to get them

Can't help there I'm afraid! :D

Do what everyone else does, put the username and password on a post-it note and stick it to the router. ;)

Jesting aside, that router allows you to save its configuration (which I'm pretty sure would include your ISP username and password) into a small file for backup purposes. It's one of the options in the web interface. Well worth doing once it's all set up again.

Glad you got it sorted CJ.

Can't help there I'm afraid! :D

Do what everyone else does, put the username and password on a post-it note and stick it to the router. ;)

Jesting aside, that router allows you to save its configuration (which I'm pretty sure would include your ISP username and password) into a small file for backup purposes. It's one of the options in the web interface. Well worth doing once it's all set up again.

I have the user and password now so will give it a whirl when i get home.

Prepare for more postings requesting help!

Buggernuts! :(

I got home, plugged everything in and whilst the netcard is now showing under device manager the cable is not showing as plugged in. I have tried another router and another cable and still nothing.

I have now asked the PC guy to come to the house on Monday to sort it out.

Buggernuts! :(

I got home, plugged everything in and whilst the netcard is now showing under device manager the cable is not showing as plugged in. I have tried another router and another cable and still nothing.

I have now asked the PC guy to come to the house on Monday to sort it out.

Something is very wrong there.

When I plug my router into my PC via a cat5 cable it takes a few seconds to register but it does work. Have you given it 10 seconds or so to try and register?

There will be lights on the back of the lan card, when you plug the cable in do they light up? Orange and green?

When you put the new lan card in, did you take the old one out?

If you open up the control panel and go into network connections, you will see the lan connection with a little cross. When you plug it into the router and into the PC does it change?

Lastly, have you tried the other Lan ports on the router (4 in total to check) to see if it is just one of them that has burned out? It seems very strange that all of this would happen in the one go.

You don't have much luck with PC's eh CJ lol.

Something is very wrong there.
Your nickname isn't Sherlock by any chance? :p

When I plug my router into my PC via a cat5 cable it takes a few seconds to register but it does work. Have you given it 10 seconds or so to try and register?

Yes, I leave it in for ages.

There will be lights on the back of the lan card, when you plug the cable in do they light up? Orange and green?

Not looked at that TBH. I checked the device manager and that says that the card is working AOK.

When you put the new lan card in, did you take the old one out?

I didn't actually do it so I am not sure.

If you open up the control panel and go into network connections, you will see the lan connection with a little cross. When you plug it into the router and into the PC does it change?

No, the cross remains

Lastly, have you tried the other Lan ports on the router (4 in total to check) to see if it is just one of them that has burned out? It seems very strange that all of this would happen in the one go.

Yep, tried them all. And tried a different cable and tried a different router.

You don't have much luck with PC's eh CJ lol.

That has to be the understatement of the year :D

Something sounds fishy here bud, everything is STILL pointing to your lan card.

The card was DEFINITELY replaced and not just fudged?

Now that is a question I don't know the answer to as all i got back was the new box but no old card. TBH, the lad who did the job is normally very trustworthy so I cannot see that being the case.

Another strange problem I have is that when I now try to enter the BIOS (by pressing delete when loading) the keyboard is not recognised until windows loads and therefore I cannot enter the BIOS :blink:

Now that is a question I don't know the answer to as all i got back was the new box but no old card. TBH, the lad who did the job is normally very trustworthy so I cannot see that being the case.

Another strange problem I have is that when I now try to enter the BIOS (by pressing delete when loading) the keyboard is not recognised until windows loads and therefore I cannot enter the BIOS :blink:

If it is a USB keyboard it is possible that USB legacy has been turned off in the bios at some point. Easy enough to turn back on if you have access to a PS2 keyboard.

If it is a USB keyboard it is possible that USB legacy has been turned off in the bios at some point. Easy enough to turn back on if you have access to a PS2 keyboard.

I have a usb to PS2 adaptor that I can use tomorrow to try and get back into the BIOS

So, I am back finally back online and I feel a bit silly :blush:

I got my PC guy out to have a look as I could not get the cable connection to work with the router and net card. He just arrived and put the cable into the new slot for the new card :blush:

In my defence, he told me he installed a new card but he didnt say it was in a different position. :innocent:

Ah well, alls well now. :)

b;2609200']Have to love the nice easy fixes! Look at it this way, you don't have to worry about buying anything else, or paying more charges to get it sorted! :D

BIOS issue sorted as well ?

TBH, the ony BIOS issues I had was the problem of the USB keyboard not allowing me to enter before Windows logged in. As I am now hunky dorey, I am leaving well alone :D

Coincidentally I lost wifi connection on Saturday to my router from my laptop. I'd been using it online in the morning and left it running whilst I went outside and froze my a$$ off for a couple of hours washed the car.

When I came back in I couldn't get on the network at all. PS3 and my phone connected just fine. Had a look to see when the last WINUpdate took place and it was at 11:49 Saturday morning. (Whilst I was outside) Checked for driver updates on the Intel website and a new one for my wireless card was issued a week back. I ended up downloading it on my main PC onto a USB stick and installing it that way. Problem solved.

Just in case anyone applies the latest Vista (32 bit) update and finds a similar problem.

:thumbs:

So, I am back finally back online and I feel a bit silly :blush:

I got my PC guy out to have a look as I could not get the cable connection to work with the router and net card. He just arrived and put the cable into the new slot for the new card :blush:

In my defence, he told me he installed a new card but he didnt say it was in a different position. :innocent:

Ah well, alls well now. :)

You have had the internet since at LEAST 2003..... what is your excuse? You must have one, and for this it needs to be good :p