The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bored.... So

j1mb0b1

Dusting off the old commordore amiga 500 for crimbo :)

Just got it out of loft and is the first time I have played it in over 10 years :p, Wow brings back memories makes a change from the PS3 or PC.

Think i'am going to get a few lads round this weekend and have a few games of Lotus challenge I used to be a pro at that. :sly:

Anyone still got theres ?

Get it out!! :)

One of the best computer games ever was only available on the Amiga....."Base Jumpers".

4-player platform game which would also drop into mini-games which were multiplayer versions of classic arcade games (eg. might get a quick game of Joust, where the winner gets a bonus life in the main game, etc.).

Unfortunately, unless someone can find a copy of the manual, the downloadable game rip for the emulator can only be played to the end of the first level, then you hit the "enter word X, page Y from the manual" copy protection.

Do u know of any good ones by any chance?

Winaue is probably the best.

I have played many a game on the Amiga emulator. There really is no substitute for the real thing though. If my house wasn't upside down at the moment I would probably do the same now that you have planted the seed.

Winaue is probably the best.

I have played many a game on the Amiga emulator. There really is no substitute for the real thing though. If my house wasn't upside down at the moment I would probably do the same now that you have planted the seed.

One thing the Amiga emulator dont do is the very loud loading noises :)

I started out with an Amiga 600 years back but I just have an Amiga CD32 now. I would recommend getting hold of one as it's basically a 1200 without the keyboard and I have quite a lot of compilation CDs with old games on (not legal obviously), beats messing with floppy disks and you still get the genuine experience. I just played and finished Turrican 1 and 2 in the last 2 weeks, not aged a day.

Some of the best games on the system and well worth checking out are...

1. Hired Guns

2. Turrican series

3. Simon the sorcerer (CD32 Version with talkie soundtrack)

4. Apidya

5. Gloom

6. Knights of the sky

7. Shadow of the beast 1 and 2 (Man points if you dont use cheats!)

8. Skidmarks (Oh the humor when Colin in year 8 said "I have skidmarks")

9. Jetstrike

10. Alien Breed

11. Another world

12. Hunter

13. Frontier Elite 2 - I blame this for my crappy GCSE results :p

14. Mercenary 1 and 2

15. Shufflepuck Cafe

16. R-Type 1 and 2

17. Xennon 2 megablast

18. Dragonspirit

19. Eye of the beholder 2

20. Newzealand story

I scour ebay looking for a nice 1200 but they have all gone nasty and yellow now with age although you can buy tower systems, and I want one of those things that dumps amiga disk images to the PC.

I just realised after typing this how amazingly geeky this all sounds :(

You don't know your computers and should be ashamed to be part of this thread.

Indeed! :D Amigas of any flavour were a few years after the Commodore 64, so called because it had 64 kilobytes of RAM.

[OOPS][/OOPS] Well i'am not the biggest Amiga fan I only had and still have the 500, Just have the floppy disks :p

the commodore 64 ran on games that were on tapes, so you play a tape and let the thing load up! lol, ow my days it take forever to start!

this is what mine looks like:-

http://images.google.co.uk/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.tietokonemuseo.net/koneita/commodore642.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFiDBqkRwfbnHekqOm-LpGL5Le9vA

the commodore 64 ran on games that were on tapes, so you play a tape and let the thing load up! lol, ow my days it take forever to start!

64 games could also be bought on disks......big 5 inch floppy jobbies.

I had a 128D, bit like a 64, but looked more like a PC. it did everything the 64 did and, well, nothing more really :D

I've still got a zx spectrum 128k (with the built in tape deck) in the loft, must be over 15 years since I tried it but it was working when it was put into storage, my favourite games were New Zealand Story and a rare little game called Log Flume, I almost forgot Horace goes skiing for a minute there too.

I loved my amiga 500, did anyone else have blues brothers and fire and ice? I would love to have a game of those two now.

Guest SupraGTE

aa the spectrum :) i had one but i did not have built in deck, cant remeber the game i liked ,but it was a game with Merlin that was running around in castles :)

damn it is long time ago :)

I've still got a zx spectrum 128k (with the built in tape deck) in the loft, must be over 15 years since I tried it but it was working when it was put into storage, my favourite games were New Zealand Story and a rare little game called Log Flume, I almost forgot Horace goes skiing for a minute there too.

I loved my amiga 500, did anyone else have blues brothers and fire and ice? I would love to have a game of those two now.