The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Liverpool fans stop owners getting in the ground,

The Raven

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a utd fan i cant help but chuckle at the current liverpool situation. When we were forced into our takeover those years ago every other club was in stitches at us, liverpool fans especially chanting USA at us but the fact of the matter is, we didnt want to be taken over, it was forced. Liverpool on the other hand welcome their US takover with open arms. Now to see it all blow up and their face and their first reaction is to blame the board does bring a smile to my face :) Gotta say it has nothing to do with the board, they have given you hundreds of millions over the last few season (current american owners included) and it hasnt helped. the problem lies in your manager but for me, long live the Rafalution :)

God knows where you woulf be with Davd Moyes budget year on year. Not to mention key long-term injuries.

All that money spent, yet still on the edge of your seats waiting for Torres/Gerrard to be fit again. Frankly laughable.

My best mate, who goes to EVERY Liverpool game, and we are both going to the World Cup, says Liverpool are SHITE and have NO CHANCE of finishing top 4.

For some reason, though, I do think Rafa should stay.

Financially, Liverpool are in a no worse position than other "top" clubs.

As a utd fan i cant help but chuckle at the current liverpool situation. When we were forced into our takeover those years ago every other club was in stitches at us, liverpool fans especially chanting USA at us but the fact of the matter is, we didnt want to be taken over, it was forced. Liverpool on the other hand welcome their US takover with open arms. Now to see it all blow up and their face and their first reaction is to blame the board does bring a smile to my face :) Gotta say it has nothing to do with the board, they have given you hundreds of millions over the last few season (current american owners included) and it hasnt helped. the problem lies in your manager but for me, long live the Rafalution :)

I know - how can he say he's not had any money? It makes me cringe every time he says that.

God knows where you woulf be with Davd Moyes budget year on year. Not to mention key long-term injuries.

All that money spent, yet still on the edge of your seats waiting for Torres/Gerrard to be fit again. Frankly laughable.

My best mate, who goes to EVERY Liverpool game, and we are both going to the World Cup, says Liverpool are $#@!E and have NO CHANCE of finishing top 4.

For some reason, though, I do think Rafa should stay.

Financially, Liverpool are in a no worse position than other "top" clubs.

Rumour mill around Liverpool is that if there's no top 4 this year, then either Gerrard or Torres might have to go to balance the books.

I know - how can he say he's not had any money? It makes me cringe every time he says that.

Rumour mill around Liverpool is that if there's no top 4 this year, then either Gerrard or Torres might have to go to balance the books.

So Europa not good enough for them? What pisses me right off is the Champions League dregs, thats any team, not just Liverpool, gets to conveniently play in the Europa when they fail :search:

So why dont the really good Europa teams, Benfica for example, get "promoted" to the Champions league?

Makes my blood boil. If you fail in the Champions League you are out of European competitions for the season. Period.

I like everyone, mostly.

I just wonder why people support a team 200+ miles from where they live.

First off last time i checked, Monkton on a sunday just falls short of Premier league standards.

Second.

As i said before, I was in awe at John Barnes as a child hence i started to support Liverpool.

No offence but its really annoying when people try to put you down because you dont come from liverpool.

I wonder how well these clubs would do if they suddenly banned anyone outside the city going to matches and buying shirts.

So by your thinking i should support who? A london side? 90 miles away? Or maybe i have no right to support anyone outside of 20 miles?

No offence but its really annoying when people try to put you down because you dont come from liverpool.

I wonder how well these clubs would do if they suddenly banned anyone outside the city going to matches and buying shirts.

Agreed.

Anyway, Everton have even more to worry about.

As the great man once said - "There are two great teams on Merseyside. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves" :notworthy

Agreed.

Anyway, Everton have even more to worry about.

As the great man once said - "There are two great teams on Merseyside. Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves" :notworthy

:D "If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains"

50 years and still a legend, although he'll be turning in his grave at the current situation :blink:

Out of interest - with people being put down for supporting a club from a different city, how'd that work in London? I can think of 15 teams in London off the top of my head, who should support who there?

Out of interest - with people being put down for supporting a club from a different city, how'd that work in London? I can think of 15 teams in London off the top of my head, who should support who there?

Agreed....I was born in Oxford but lived up North since I was 2.....does that mean I have to support Oxford United then??:blink:

I just wonder why people support a team 200+ miles from where they live.

141 miiles for me, but I go to every game I can get myself to, I'll be there freezing my bits off for the Wigan game...

LFC were the first team I saw play when I was a kid, and I heard about them before I'd heard of Cheltenham Town (My Dad's into Rugby instead of footy so it was never pushed onto me), and I've supported them with passion ever since (Sometimes too much for those who see my facebook status updates lol)

It's true that times are crap at the moment, but a true fan still keeps on supporting, and hoping, no matter where they're from in my opinion...

Rumour has it that Scott Parker is coming and Mascherano AND Aquilani are to be sold :rolleyes: Hey at least Lucas stays...:rolleyes:

Rafa walks into a church and says "forgive me father for i have sinned".

The priest says "come fourth my son"

"Fourth?" says Rafa, "we'll be lucky to come fooking tenth!"

:)

Rumour has it that Scott Parker is coming and Mascherano AND Aquilani are to be sold :rolleyes: Hey at least Lucas stays...:rolleyes:

Rafa walks into a church and says "forgive me father for i have sinned".

The priest says "come fourth my son"

"Fourth?" says Rafa, "we'll be lucky to come fooking tenth!"

:)

:rlol: Thats funnier than the joke:d

If things get any worse I'm sure we can offer £30m plus berbatov for Torres;) (before our debts cripple us :rolleyes:).

Make a nice loss on Aquilani then. Nobody will give £20m for him - Mascherano won't command that high a fee either really? I think one of the bigger names will go as well (hopefully Torres).

Mr G will go for sure if they don't get finnish 4th. Other than the fact that they will need to sell players he will have no choice if he wants to win things. It'll be abroad, I always assumed he'd follow Mourinio but if goes to city I very doubt he would then.

The talk of Mourinio replacing Rafa is daft. If Liverpool could afford to get rid of Rafa then it would be a possibilty but they cant.

They will never end up like a Leeds of Sheff Wednesday though because they are Liverpool. One of the biggest and most famous clubs in history, someone would rescue them if it ever came to that.