The mkiv Supra Owners Club

have my first cage fight!

L33

Not quite sure where the career bit came from mate? Im a electrician and just train in the evenings, 3 nights a week if i can if not atleast 2. Then running other nights. Will do more trainin sessions next year for final prep for the fight

Some UFC fighters dont work they just train and maybe earn abit of money on the side, that way the are near enough training all the time but I am talking about the ones that are near the top. Still thou did you have to get a licence?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O yea the top ufc guys are on 6 figure contracts! The ufc has ground work which takes years to learn, because ive never done ground work or submissions work and i was so egar to fight i just went for kickboxing :) might change next year just have to see. My instructor hates ufc... He says its like if a family runs a local restaurant for generations and then a mcds opens next door, thats ufc. Just about money not the tradition. I dont have a licence, not sure if i need one, fight has only just been arranged so might come about soon. i know i did have to when i done karate.

O yea the top ufc guys are on 6 figure contracts! The ufc has ground work which takes years to learn, because ive never done ground work or submissions work and i was so egar to fight i just went for kickboxing :) might change next year just have to see. My instructor hates ufc... He says its like if a family runs a local restaurant for generations and then a mcds opens next door, thats ufc. Just about money not the tradition. I dont have a licence, not sure if i need one, fight has only just been arranged so might come about soon. i know i did have to when i done karate.

Yeah I know how the UFC is money money money. So you did karate to then are you can mix it up abit or stick to full on kickboxing? I personly Love the style of kickboxing/muay thai. Anyways I hope you end the fight in style:thumbs:

Yea i done karate for about 4 years but that was many years ago. My dad is a 5th dan karate instructor. So now im kinda mixing kickboxing and thai with a bit of my boxing back ground! Good all rounder that way. Still have bruised shins from the conditioning training last week :( it Shouldnt be banned as its controlled and no one makes you get in the cage and at the end of it the guys have man hugs and shakes hands :) when do you see that with say football hooligans for example? That type of violence and controlled for fun violence is completly different

• 3 weeks later...

hi mate, good luck bud

im a big fan of MMa, i used to love Pride and now wach UFC regular.

Do you know anywhere in London I can learn MMa?

hey guys,

well its ben confirmed i have my first cage fight at Croydon Fairfields Hall, April 10th 2010

the event is Pro Kumite and expect the posters will be made up in the next few weeks :)

its a mma and k1 kickboxing event, im doing the k1 kickboxing as i didnt really get on with doing the ju jitsu/ground work side of mma so decied to go for just stand up full contact kickboxing

tickets will be on sale in the new year so any support would be greatly appreciated :)

cheers

hello mate, this is the site who arranges my fight and there is a list of all the clubs involved!

http://www.prokumite.co.uk/affiliates.html

also my fight has been changed, its no longer k1 kickboxing its full on mma so ground work :)

cheeers bud and good luck!!

personally i believe the ground game is very important and usually gives the better ground fighter an upper hand.. a good ground fighter with crap stand up will normally try keeping you off your feet and not let you unleash your full potential.. thats my personall opinion tho.

anyway me and a few mates may try attending the fight, once again Good luck m8

• 4 months later...
Guest damo1
hey guys,

well its ben confirmed i have my first cage fight at Croydon Fairfields Hall, April 10th 2010

cheers

let me guess the budgie didnt even know what hit it!!!!:D

christ this was ages ago!

it didnt happen! the guy i was fighting pulled out less than a month b4 the fight! he was a boxer as was i so i didnt train much ground work

they tried to pair me up against another bloke that was a ju jitsu guy who was all ground fighting so i refused it and that was it basically lol

now ive split with the gf and had to move home where i train is a bit to far for me, so havent been for a couple months so now just go to the gym 4/5 nites a week :)

it was ilminster i was going mate so further again!

i did hear about the one in wells but if any thing id go back to boxing then i wudnt have to worry about the touchy feely stuff on the floor lol

atm im concentrating on the gym and trying to bulk up which isnt really what u want as a fighter but thought id give it ago :)