The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you define your nationality

CJ

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Born and grown up in England so I'm English.

I think that in the near enough future that nationality will become more of England/Scotland/Wales/NIreland issue....and the use of 'British' will become more meaningless due to this new superstate of Europe which is gradually being developed more and more.

Maybe in future your passport will just say European.....which will then make your nation more relevant/irrelevant? (not sure how it would go to be honest).

Personally I believe that you're nationality is defined by your place of birth.

I'm guessing that traditonally this would encompass the vast majority of cases in the world because people didn't travel very far from where they were born. So you were pretty unlikely to have parents from different countries.

Nowadays though it's obviously a different story and as ever, boundaries are becoming more and more blurred.

So what if my parents were taking a year break in say Australia & then before flying back I was born. I lived in Australia for 6 months after my birth & then moved to UK & lived there until say 40 years of age.

Would you still class me as Australian?

So what if my parents were taking a year break in say Australia & then before flying back I was born. I lived in Australia for 6 months after my birth & then moved to UK & lived there until say 40 years of age.

If that were the case, would you call yourself an Aussie Brit like my friend the Greek Aussie does? :blink:

Did you never herad about Ausglish?:rolleyes:

(yes i'm stupid,get over it):D

My Mother is Polish i was born and grown(12 years) in Spain, am i Spanish ?! :blink: I don't think so..

why not? what do you say you are?

I was born in Oz but lived in the uk since I was 8. in all that time I have and will still say I'm Australian. I am proud of where I come from and have no real need to say I'm a dual national or an aussie brit or whatever you want to call it. My parents are British, my family is British but I was born here so that makes me Australian.

I was born in Oz but lived in the uk since I was 8. in all that time I have and will still say I'm Australian. I am proud of where I come from and have no real need to say I'm a dual national or an aussie brit or whatever you want to call it. My parents are British, my family is British but I was born here so that makes me Australian.

Thats exactly how I see it my friend.