The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you define your nationality

CJ

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I class myself British though I am classed as a British Bangladeshi. I was born in Bangladesh & came over here when I was about 2 years old while pops lived over in the UK working in the army. I grew up in this country including my studies were completed here & since the age of 16 I have been working in London.

Still though I am classed as a foreigner.

I believe if you were born in a country & moved before the age of 3 & then spent the rest of your life in that country, you should really be the nationality of that country, rather than the one which you was born. Though you should have a dual nationality so then you have the origins of birth.

I believe if you were born in a country & moved before the age of 3 & then spent the rest of your life in that country, you should really be the nationality of that country, rather than the one which you was born. Though you should have a dual nationality so then you have the origins of birth.

Why can't it be simpler than that? Why can't I go to America (for example) and pledge allegiance to the flag and become an American citizen? You should be able to choose your nation to live in and have to jump through some specific hoops to become a citizen. That way all these 'what if's and exceptional examples don't matter and you can be whatever nationality you choose.

Why can't it be simpler than that? Why can't I go to America (for example) and pledge allegiance to the flag and become an American citizen? You should be able to choose your nation to live in and have to jump through some specific hoops to become a citizen. That way all these 'what if's and exceptional examples don't matter and you can be whatever nationality you choose.

How about we make it even simpler? Why do you need to be in a Nationality class? Can't you just be human? We're all the same species, it doesn't matter what colour your skin is, what language you speak or what piece of land you were born on.

In essence why do we even need a nationality? Its because we need an identity. We feel the need to belong somewhere or have a "home" which we can relate to. Personally the world government just want to govern and this is one way of going bout it.

How about we make it even simpler? Why do you need to be in a Nationality class? Can't you just be human? We're all the same species, it doesn't matter what colour your skin is, what language you speak or what piece of land you were born on.

try telling that to the BNP...

We (you know, proper Brits; like me) don't do it but it's pretty common in those jumped-up new fangled countries.

Loads of Merkins describe themselves as Irish American or Italian American even though most of them have never even been to the land of their ancestors.

Breaking News: Johnny Foreigners are odd. What can you expect from countries where any building with more than two coats of paint is considered historic?

It was all much more simple when we ran the world.

I agree:d

:grouphug: Dont worry about it anymore because the way Eurpoe is going we will all be classed as EU's shortly and we will all have originated from Brussels anyway :nooo:

I'm Irish and proud of it born and reared in a field in the middle of nowhere :friday: didnt know what electricity was till I came over here lol

We're all :friends::friends::friends: here !!!!

I don't see the problem.

Since when does mint chocolate chip ice cream have to be defined as solely mint, chocolate or vanilla? Clearly it's a mix of all, and therein lies the deliciousness.

Are you Carl S in disguise? :blink:

I don't see the problem.

Since when does mint chocolate chip ice cream have to be defined as solely mint, chocolate or vanilla? Clearly it's a mix of all, and therein lies the deliciousness.

I keep saying that about mint choc chip! Gino Ginelli were right you know, there's something about those little mint chips and ice cream.

Are you Carl S in disguise? :blink:

Nope, I'm much more manly :think:

Just trying to point out that people are the sum of their experiences, and if they feel their Greek-ness and Cypriate-ness (for example) are equal then why should they have to choose one over the other?