The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RATM vs X Factor for Christmas No.1

michael

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see if the kid can make number one with another record.

Great result for Rage and real, non manufactured pap music. One in the eye for the Cowell machine, not that he would give a toss anyway. Just need more people to understand that they don't have to accept what gets thrown at them, by the likes of the money in music. There is load of real creative stuff our there, it just needs a willingness to listen to something different. I thought music rebellion was dead,throttled by the like of Cowell, perhaps there is hope. We are certainly long over due a new young reaction to the establishment. Long live the music revolution.

:trampoline: Result :D

... that spent tens of thousands of pounds to bump the chump off the top spot. Was worth it though, if only too see that smug git Cowell wind his neck in a little. It won't make any difference in the long term but us lesser normal folks deserve a little "win" here :D

Lets see if the kid can make number one with another record.

Great result for Rage and real, non manufactured pap music. One in the eye for the Cowell machine, not that he would give a toss anyway. Just need more people to understand that they don't have to accept what gets thrown at them, by the likes of the money in music. There is load of real creative stuff our there, it just needs a willingness to listen to something different. I thought music rebellion was dead,throttled by the like of Cowell, perhaps there is hope. We are certainly long over due a new young reaction to the establishment. Long live the music revolution.

Good post, sums it up for me. Though I think that particular song of RATM song has got ready-made counter-culture written all over it, so it's just as exploitative in its own way. Branded teenage nihilism?

Oh dear.Silly little talentless boy.

I think that misses the mark. He's far from talentless, and he's a miles better singer than Zack what's his face and most other rock singers for that matter. He lacks charisma or any qualities that might make him interesting to listen to, but that doesn't make him talentless.

More generally, I find it hard to bear any ill will towards star-struck children hyped to infinity by the Cowell machine and the press.

The kid has a good voice, and nice looks, he's a likeable chap for sure.

But he's just getting fed other peoples music to perform, he's not writing his own or probably wont be allowed to, hence all the manufactured crud that we get.

Whats sadder is the song he was trying to get to #1 was only a 7 month old copy of a Miley Cyrus tune ffs.

Whats sadder is the song he was trying to get to #1 was only a 7 month old copy of a Miley Cyrus tune ffs.

I prefer the MC version as well, she's got much more soul in her voice (although not actually a very good voice really). His voice is good but it's just so boring to listen to! Wasn't Miley like at number 36 or something in the same chart with the same song! :rolleyes:

Branded teenage nihilism

It did sound fairly fresh back in it's day - I remember seeing them on The Late Show and they were amazing...

That said the whole RATM proposition is fairly 'angry at nothing'... Killing In The Name Of is supposed to be about Police brutality, but I can't make out why? It's just very angry in a very general sense.

I'm a bit taken a back at how much discussion this has prompted. Who actually takes any notice of chart positions these days anyway?

There is no cultural worth is any of this episode.