The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RATM vs X Factor for Christmas No.1

michael

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Chart eligible retailers include 7 Digital, Big Noise Music, Bleep,DX3, easyMusic.com, Woolworths.co.uk, HMV, iTunes, Karmadownload, Meantunes, MSN, myCokeMusic.com, Napster, OD2, Recordstore.co.uk, Tiscali, The Music Engine, Virgin, War Child and Wippit"

Just incase anyone wasn't too sure. Found that on the Official Charts Company

Simon Cowell is single handedly manipulating the development of popular music. His shows are a joke, and he is laughing loudest all the bank. Most people are too stupid to see it. Fodder to the masses. Most of the best good music never gets anywhere near the charts.

Its like he's trying to control music and just watching the money roll in, Every "Major" music star from the UK is owned by him using the X factor to manipulate people, Im on to him:sly:

Simon Cowell is single handedly manipulating the development of popular music. His shows are a joke, and he is laughing loudest all the bank. Most people are too stupid to see it. Fodder to the masses. Most of the best good music never gets anywhere near the charts.

It's not even that the masses worry about music or the state it's in - they like this stuff.

But certainly, as you say, most of the good music never gets anywhere near the charts - that's what I keep telling myself too :sly:

Its like he's trying to control music and just watching the money roll in, Every "Major" music star from the UK is owned by him using the X factor to manipulate people, I'm on to him:sly:

As Yoda says, there is "no try, just do"

I was actually watching the video on MTV last night and it occurred to me, I'm going to be sick of it after all this has blown over and it also occurred to me, that that was a shame.

Yeah but it's only Christmas no1 at the end of the day. Who gives a f*ck! Just put Elf or The Santa Clause on TV, grab your chocs and beer, and veg out for the evening.

Doesn't Simon Cowell half own Sony BMG? So it's a win win situation for him. He must be making a nice little packet off this stunt...

I thought it was the other way round. Sony have significant interests in Syco (or whatever Cowell's label is called), so Sony will do alright out of it whatever the outcome.

Personally I can not understand why anyone would want that sh*t to be No 1 be it at x-mas or any other time of the year but heyho.

It's a great song IMO, RATM's signature song. I like the style of it (purely subjective, you either like it or it comes across as a load of shouty Americans making a lot of noise). I also like what music like this stands for: you can practically taste the sincerity in their singing. For the same reason I like music like Eminem (but not the latest stuff so much). Songs such as his "White America" are trying to tell you something as well as being a catchy tune, and you can believe that he means what he sings.

The YouTube video was a good find: a bit freaky as someone pointed out, but made me laugh!

I was actually watching the video on MTV last night and it occurred to me, I'm going to be sick of it after all this has blown over and it also occurred to me, that that was a shame.

Yeah, me too... I remember them being really angry about nothing specific (just like Guns n' Roses), and I remember the classic line at the end.. but I'd forgotten how repetitive it was? Probably because I was usually moshing while it was on 'back in the day'.. :D

They stopped playing it in clubs in Middlesbrough as it just used to cause a riot :p (they did that with Smells Like Teen Spirit too).

ahhh... good times :guitar:

They stopped playing it in clubs in Middlesbrough as it just used to cause a riot :p (they did that with Smells Like Teen Spirit too).

I remember a particular occasion where Jane and Mark bashed head listening to the very same track whilst in one of the said clubs. I don't think the kidz knew how to take it :D

RATM interviewed on R5 Live this morning, with a live performance of Killing In The Name. Complete with sweary language.... before they realise and cut them off :D

Listening to that interview, and the lyrics to 'Killing in the Name', I wonder if 'Bullet in the Head' would have been more suitable?

RATM interviewed on R5 Live this morning, with a live performance of Killing In The Name. Complete with sweary language.... before they realise and cut them off :D

vuIa5NoPH9c

RATM on Radio 5 live - the ending is great:

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/48922

I can't get streaming media in the office, so I don't know (or care) if it's a repost.

You don't need streaming media to be able to read ;)