The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new digital camera

penguin

guys, one of my family members works at Canon and he can get all kinds of canon goodies at staff prices. In the end i actually settled for a Canon 500d + lens kit - jessops price £529 (after £50 rebate) ....it cost me £460 inc postage :D happy days!!

if anyone else wants anything Canon, please drop me a PM :)

Arghh now you tell me :(

And erm why not?

On that note, may I point you in the direction of this thread

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=203821 :D

I remember seeing Abz thread, thats not a bad price for the Pentax, plus lens and bag. I bought a Panasonic Lumix G1 and would have made Abz an offer otherwise. Kodak and Nikon are good camera's but I would not rule out Panasonic, Pentax or Sony for a Digi SLR

Scotty

My first 3 goes at taking a REAL photo. Been messing about with it since last night....

Someone mentioned not using the flash so much so I gave it a go using the exposure settings etc. Didn't work out great I know but I'm not really sure what else I could have done. I edited the photo to brighten it up a bit, my living room is REALLY dark.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102418&stc=1&d=1260479175

2nd go using the flash, it's a bit bright but I thought this one came out a bit better than the last one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102419&stc=1&d=1260479175

The final one. This was more lucky than good. IMO it is a pretty good picture, it certainly is for me. Fatcat jumped up just as I was about to take the picture, I dropped the flash down to take this pic as I didn't want it too bright.

attachment.php?attachmentid=102420&stc=1&d=1260479175

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my progress :D

Any pointers?

Don't take photos of black cats, they look nice through eyes but cameras don't do them any favours. I've been taking shots of mine for years and have yet to get a decent pic :)

Practice is the only pointer you need, play around and enjoy yourself, don't listen to critics ;)

Guest SupraGTE

Maybe very stupid question but , the pictures with the lights of the cars or the Xmas lights in the trees is that possible on a NIKON D40X?

got one from my GF but i never used anything else than auto mode and on/off :) and change of objectiv/lens

Maybe very stupid question but , the pictures with the lights of the cars or the Xmas lights in the trees is that possible on a NIKON D40X?

got one from my GF but i never used anything else than auto mode and on/off :) and change of objectiv/lens

mate it's not the tools, its the user :p (.... although good tools help :D ) just play around with settings, try to use manual controls as much as possible and see how you do :)