The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new digital camera

penguin

Now excuse my lack of understanding when it comes to cameras. So what is the difference between these cameras you are talking about and the one Abz has for sell and the smaller compact digital ones that have around 12 millions pixels? Apart from the weight of course.

Don't let the megapixel thing fool you.

Pictures with great sharpness and clarity are down to a good lens and larger sensor. These things will only be found on a DSLR.

Even a 6 mega pixel DSLR will take superior shots verses a 12 mega pixel point & shoot.

See here for difference the 450D & 1000D, see here: http://www.dpnotes.com/canon-xsi-450d-vs-canon-xs-1000d/

Twas indeed myself that asked that very question yesterday. I went for the 450D from crazycameras but ended up cancelling as they are a US company. Amazon are offering the same kit for £10 more so I ended up ordering with them instead.

Regardless of where you get it Canon are giving a £30 refund, so whatever price you see the camera for you can download the voucher from Canon and instantly remove £30 from the price you see :)

The 1000D is very very similar to the 450D. The 450 just edges it but it is a fair bit more expensive. I was between the 2 of them but decided just to go for the 450 to make sure I didn't felt like I had missed out on anything in the future lol.

I have an SLR question. My gripe with my Sony whatever model it is, is that it has a delay between pressing the shutter release and it taking a photo, plus a LONG delay taking flash photos. With animals and fast moving cars this is sometimes incredibly frustrating. What digital camera will work as fast as a good motor drive on a normal film SLR, and also take say 6 continuous, or near continuous flash shots? Or am I asking the impossible? Thanks. Does anyone actually still use a film camera these days? :)

I have an SLR question. My gripe with my Sony whatever model it is, is that it has a delay between pressing the shutter release and it taking a photo, plus a LONG delay taking flash photos. With animals and fast moving cars this is sometimes incredibly frustrating. What digital camera will work as fast as a good motor drive on a normal film SLR, and also take say 6 continuous, or near continuous flash shots? Or am I asking the impossible? Thanks. Does anyone actually still use a film camera these days? :)

I am only quoting what I have read as at the moment I know very little about these cameras Chris.

The camera I have just bought from power on until capture is 0.2 seconds. The shutter lag is 0.4 seconds when pre-focused. Shutter lag with autofocus is 0.6 seconds. Single shot images are taken in 0.4 seconds, flash images are taken in 0.7 seconds. Continuous capture is up to 3.5 images per second. The amount you can take is up to 56 iirc but that is down to how fast your memory card allows transfer. In the test I read the guy took 16 images in 4.8 seconds.

Not sure what you are willing to spend if you want a new one, in my opinion it was quite a lot for a camera. As you are into photography I guess it won't seem quite so steep.

So the extra lenses that you buy they do such things as? Zoom in? Take wider shots?

You have the ability to Zoom with the lens but it is how far you zoom depends on the lens you have. For example if you look at my for sale shot I think I took the pictures with my 18 - 55 mm lens which is better for wide angel shots. If I want a long zoom then I want something which is more increased in size for example the 50 - 200 mm Sigma lens.

Plus you can buy filters etc for the lens, loads of things factor as well.

Twas indeed myself that asked that very question yesterday. I went for the 450D from crazycameras but ended up cancelling as they are a US company. Amazon are offering the same kit for £10 more so I ended up ordering with them instead.

Regardless of where you get it Canon are giving a £30 refund, so whatever price you see the camera for you can download the voucher from Canon and instantly remove £30 from the price you see :)

The 1000D is very very similar to the 450D. The 450 just edges it but it is a fair bit more expensive. I was between the 2 of them but decided just to go for the 450 to make sure I didn't felt like I had missed out on anything in the future lol.

What pixel is this model Scott?

guys, one of my family members works at Canon and he can get all kinds of canon goodies at staff prices. In the end i actually settled for a Canon 500d + lens kit - jessops price £529 (after £50 rebate) ....it cost me £460 inc postage :D happy days!!

if anyone else wants anything Canon, please drop me a PM :)

guys, one of my family members works at Canon and he can get all kinds of canon goodies at staff prices. In the end i actually settled for a Canon 500d + lens kit - jessops price £529 (after £50 rebate) ....it cost me £460 inc postage :D happy days!!

if anyone else wants anything Canon, please drop me a PM :)

Lovely bit of kit. Great spec!

If you can get another of the same for that price I would bite your hand off.

My super-amazing girlfriend got me my first Digital SLR camera for my birthday on Sunday....and I LOVE it!!

It's a Canon EOS 500D and I've been messing around with as many of the settings as I can so far to try and learn how it all works!! I don't have my Supra here at the moment, but as soon as she's back, she'll be the main focus of my SD card, but I've got some shots like this just within the first 24 hours of ownership: -

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/hello.jpg

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/nightlights.jpg

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/stars.jpg

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/puppy.jpg

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/treeeee.jpg

As I said, these were all within the first 24 hours of ownership, so I know that I've only just scraped the surface of what this thing can do, but I'm still really pleased with these very 'low effort' results so far! Can't wait to try some HDR shots with the Supra!!

So as far as the Canon EOS 500D goes ... I vote 'hell yes' so far :D

Cheers, J

I put the camera on a tripod, set the exposure time to 30 seconds, set the ISO to 100, and pressed the 'shoot' button! It basically just leaves the shutter open for 30 seconds and absorbs all the light that it sees which, in this case, was all the cars driving past my house. It's a cool effect because the rest of the scenery (road, grass, bushes etc) don't move at all in those 30 seconds, so they appear static.

Cheers, J