The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a new car!!!! Range Rover Vogue

Notts_TT

Hi

Im looking at buying a Range Rover Vogue to tow my trailer and Supra to shows etc, as some of you may know i run a graphics business and my Accord 2.2 CDTI just isnt upto pulling my box trailer.

Im loving the Vogue and have seen a 2003 one for £12000, its a 4.4 petrol gas converted, has anyone got one of these or have any experience with them as i just need to make my mind up now as ive seen a Nivara King Cab Pickup too???????:)

Are they as good as they look????

Cheers

Dan

A van is not an option, really want a 5 seater and love the Executive style of the

Vogue, What about a Nivara Pick-Up with the crew cab.....

The Missis likes the LWB Rav4 but i dont think it will be as powerful or good at carrying weight than i want....

Whats wrong with the RR Vogue

The landrover is fantastic, we have an 05 V6 2.5 for towing our horsebox (2ton weight+) and its never struggled, the cruise control is a lifesaver.

As for the Range Rover, i think there quite a pathetic excuse for a 4x4, but the resale value is far better than the discovery. A friend of mine got his stuck in a tiny bit of mud and it wouldnt move for dust :blink:

We've had at least 1 Range Rover in the family since the mid 80's (the price of having dogs, horses etc etc)! Love them to bits. We just got rid of the old 1996 Vogue SE which we had, and it was great. 200,000 miles, up mountains and through bogs in Scotland and a daily driver to boot.

We've now got a 2005 Range Rover and a 2008 Disco .... both are great. The Range Rover is a diesel this time, but that too has been up mountains and taken everything we've thrown at it in it's stride (heated steering wheel is a big win in this weather too!). My first car after I passed my test was a Series 3 Land Rover ... so we are fans!!

Having said all that, you probably will find that the Japanese equivalents are cheaper to buy, just as reliable and probably cheaper to fix and maintain. I can't comment on the 2003 Land Rover models as we skipped those ones :)

Cheers, J