The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to do some datalogging today so will get another video done .This has to be it now ,this will be the last time it goes for mapping.Basicly if it doesnt work now then i think the towel can go in.(then just drop the v8 in instead)

Awww man!

Failing that can i hire you to make my n/a go faster? The means and ways are up to you. Just need cheapness

I can happily report that I've got a datalog off Barney now, and the car has fired up and all looks good from the data :D It's running rich at the moment, which is no great surprise, but all the sensor inputs are working fine and I've got another map ready to send once I get the TPS voltage values off him :)

I've warned him he might actually have to drive it around a bit next :eek:

-Ian

I can happily report that I've got a datalog off Barney now, and the car has fired up and all looks good from the data :D It's running rich at the moment, which is no great surprise, but all the sensor inputs are working fine and I've got another map ready to send once I get the TPS voltage values off him :)

I've warned him he might actually have to drive it around a bit next :eek:

-Ian

:nana:That is all good to hear, except the part about driving it, I have a feeling this thing is going to rip up the tarmac, just be gentle on the gearbox Barney

Barneys Beastie breathes :thumbs:

Best wear your welding goggles when driving, to protect your eyes from digital arc-eye ;)

It is interesting that the sound made with the charger before the t.b. is very different, and lots of, compared with t.b. before the charger.

Looking towards our first race :)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

That vid is quiet compard to being next to it !!

Has it settled down a bit more now mate, strange about the gauges now they work cant like sitting around unused

ha doesnt give the same effect does it.Each thing i change makes it quieter,thinking that an airbox might help aswell rather than the cone filter as that thing make a loud enough noise on its own.Not sure what the boost gauge is reading as Ian said the datalogging showd no boost at all,even up to 3000rpm.Have to make sure the blow off valve is actualy closing.I know im producing boost pre fmic as the pipes blew off the other day.Might try and find some more pipe and redirect some of it to do away with the 90 degree bends.

been having a bit of a brain ache regarding the bov.Been speaking to some guys on a supercharger forum and they reckon the greddy bov could cause me issues i dont want like spiking afr.The bov will be very speradic and fluttery withs its opening and closing at the pressure i require.I cant quit fathom the thinking but it seems to make sense.so now searching for a remote bypass valve that i can fit.