The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

it looks like this one but had then tested and they were around the 2 mark same as low imp.

well with any injector i would be getting them flow tested as its not a big job to have done.

Also, if staying with the MAPECU, Matt needs to look at the things i pointed out.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its descided that i will be collecting my car from afr and bringing it back home as matt cannot get the map 2 working.Going to have to more and likely be next year now due to finances as this has all but wiped me out.

wont be going santapod and ive paid for that aswell,just seems im waisting money with no outcome lately.

thanks to matt for trying and spending a fair bit of time on it.:(

mate whay dont you ditch the map 2 and go for somthing that can directly adjust the injector cycle . for the sake of 7 psi why not revert back to 330s ( that will flow at 380) at 7 psi, remove the resistor pack , by selling these things you can recoupe some fund and eliminate potential problems.

with the funds you rase from these you can get an emb with injector harness.and then there are many mappers that know them inside out. and finally the project can be a sucsess.

mate whay dont you ditch the map 2 and go for somthing that can directly adjust the injector cycle . for the sake of 7 psi why not revert back to 330s ( that will flow at 380) at 7 psi, remove the resistor pack , by selling these things you can recoupe some fund and eliminate potential problems.

with the funds you rase from these you can get an emb with injector harness.and then there are many mappers that know them inside out. and finally the project can be a sucsess.

i wont be going back to smaller injectors to drop down to 7 psi means having another pully made then another belt.i will remove the map 2 and sell it on.lee has given me a emanage ultimate but have been advised against using it.

what boost are you set to run? and why have yu been advised againsed the emanage? i had my lesser emb mapped by ryan and my car fuels perfectly and is smooth a silk

charger should be making 12psi,but only getting 9 psi at the intake.

something to do with hardware issues ect ect ect.

i would reccomend going over 9psi anyways . 10 psi knocks like mad at the top end purly due to the compression.

the emanage ultimate should be fine as it can controll injecter duty cycle , and ignition timeing . if not go with the emb as said , ryan knew it inside out , had it on the dyno and fully mapped within an houre and as i said the map is perfect , i cant seee whay it couldnt controill the fuelling and timeing for you set up ,

i would reccomend going over 9psi anyways . 10 psi knocks like mad at the top end purly due to the compression.

the emanage ultimate should be fine as it can controll injecter duty cycle , and ignition timeing . if not go with the emb as said , ryan knew it inside out , had it on the dyno and fully mapped within an houre and as i said the map is perfect , i cant seee whay it couldnt controill the fuelling and timeing for you set up ,

matt said the setup really needs a stand alone as the instant boost as soon as you touch the throttle is making the oem ecu have a brain fart so to speak.

I'd say ignore EMB as that's definitely a step back from the MAP-ECU2 and ultimately ignore the EMU (see what I did there!) and any other piggyback as well. This application needs a standalone IMO and you need to be sure of what injectors you're using / their fuel delivery capability.

Cheers,

Brian.

Don't underestimate the Mega Squirt. It's the only ECU I know with an xTau mapping facility ;)

Vems is a decent Squirt derivative.

I've got two "squirted" cars - one on an MS1 with the extra code and the other on an MS2. :thumbs:

It's very satisfying when you build the complete ecu from scratch, install it etc and then fire the thing up with a VE derived map for the first time. :)

I'd say ignore EMB as that's definitely a step back from the MAP-ECU2 and ultimately ignore the EMU (see what I did there!) and any other piggyback as well. This application needs a standalone IMO and you need to be sure of what injectors you're using / their fuel delivery capability.

Cheers,

Brian.

Pah, you could run this all day on the stock ECU and an EMU :p It's just forced induction, not magic.

i believe that ME2 coula worked, but woulda needed severe use of the Map enrichment function due to the quick transitions from Vacumn to boost (as you soley relying on map sensor voltage to control fuel), also, you woulda needed to combat the lag associated with the Onboad map sensor by running an external 3 bar sensor

hire trailer £30

fill up supra £70

fuel to get to afr and back £120

fpr £125 still to pay

dyno time £350 plus vat

fitting fpr £75 plus vat.

then i have to hire the trailer again and the fuel up and back.may be a bit less on fuel as i detored on the way home to pick up lees car.

ref a tt i have been thinking that with the money ive spent i could of had a mint tt 6 by now.

Hugely disappointing that this has turned out to be the outcome for you.

That's a whole load of money to have spent and be no further forward, I find this quite astonishing to be honest.

Certainly a lesson learned there hey.

Hugely disappointing that this has turned out to be the outcome for you.

That's a whole load of money to have spent and be no further forward, I find this quite astonishing to be honest.

Certainly a lesson learned there hey.

to be honest mate it makes me feel sick.really sruggling money wise at the moment,but have descided when the car comes back its getting coverd up and left there.the way im feeling it can rot for all i care.

to be honest mate it makes me feel sick.really sruggling money wise at the moment,but have descided when the car comes back its getting coverd up and left there.the way im feeling it can rot for all i care.

I can understand how this must be getting you down mate, but get the other car sold and you will be able to move on.

You are so close to cracking this, I am still surprised at the build you have done. All builds have there bad times and unfortunately this one has come at a bad time.

Get it home, put a cover over it for a couple of weeks and you will start to want to get back to it, maybe look at sorting the flow issue in the meantime.

Hopefully the other car will sell fairly soon and you will have some funds again

Chin up mate cya soon Rog

I can understand how this must be getting you down mate, but get the other car sold and you will be able to move on.

You are so close to cracking this, I am still surprised at the build you have done. All builds have there bad times and unfortunately this one has come at a bad time.

Get it home, put a cover over it for a couple of weeks and you will start to want to get back to it, maybe look at sorting the flow issue in the meantime.

Hopefully the other car will sell fairly soon and you will have some funds again

Chin up mate cya soon Rog

if lees car sells that would help things for sure.just down a bit at the moment as the injection i had in my head hasnt worked only lasted a week before the headaches came back.

think i had my hopes up that the car would just of been mapped and job done.

Cheers,

Brian.

Have to agree and I'm looking into cost effective alternatives for Brendan.

i believe that ME2 coula worked, but woulda needed severe use of the Map enrichment function due to the quick transitions from Vacumn to boost (as you soley relying on map sensor voltage to control fuel), also, you woulda needed to combat the lag associated with the Onboad map sensor by running an external 3 bar sensor

Yeah maybe mate, but I wouldn't be happy leaving an ecu mapped without it having sufficient headroom for differing air density and conditions.

Really wanted this to work as Brendan was royally ripped off by the garage supplying the MAP ecu in the first place. But i'm not happy with the MAP ecu, and believe me I've tried ! I've spent the best part of three days on it on and off, fitting it in around other stuff so I dont have to charge much. But it's just not cutting the mustard :(

Possibly looking at an OMEX ecu for it, essentially an AEM but not as feature laden. UK based company and a lot cheaper than an AEM. I put these on 4 or 5 Marcos Mantis GTs with the modular 4.6 Mustang engine and a supercharger, so should be up to the job ;)