The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

Glad you managed to get it there okay.

Longest couple of weeks ahead then, always the way when your waiting hey.

At least you will be clear on whats, what, when you get it back.

You got to be proud you have got this far, top job!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you managed to get it there okay.

Longest couple of weeks ahead then, always the way when your waiting hey.

At least you will be clear on whats, what, when you get it back.

You got to be proud you have got this far, top job!

got to give dude a ring next week first.like supra city up there mate,had a good look around and got to be the best cerbera ive seen there aswell.Long drive went crawley street then home.

not 100% sure as i dont really understand the terms used ,but basicly he couldnt get it too richen enough.something to do with the fact that its an na standard ecu and the map 2 just fudges the signal.

Its a piggy back correct, maybe the AEM FIC would be a cheaper solution, its also a piggy back but its been having good success so far :search:

Although i am not familiar with the MAP2 i have done a bit of research in the past, and i really cant see why it could have trouble, it has its own built in MAP sensor which is quite capable of running high boost pressure, you just map it using the pressure versus RPM scale.

So with the correct size injectors in there i cant see the problem, otherwise if it really cant cope, i would expect an EMU or the AEM fic to do the job, but they are all very similar beasts.

Yep, look at the AEM FIC

I was looking at this for my 350GT Skyline but the fact that it can't advance the ignition timing directly, only retard it put me of, especially with the 350 being N/A, apparently it can force advance using the airflow map but i have never been a fan of this method.

aww only at 4k , i see. have you adjusted the charger to boost lower , i think 12psi will give you det issues.

in hot wether at5deg btc on 99ron 10psi knocks like hell for me at the top end of 4th into 5th.

from personall experience id say set it at 7/8psi with a goodmap that should see you with arounf 380 bhp and being charged that will be from the off as you have said so it will be a beastie

aww only at 4k , i see. have you adjusted the charger to boost lower , i think 12psi will give you det issues.

in hot wether at5deg btc on 99ron 10psi knocks like hell for me at the top end of 4th into 5th.

from personall experience id say set it at 7/8psi with a goodmap that should see you with arounf 380 bhp and being charged that will be from the off as you have said so it will be a beastie

What volume of air is your turbo moving compared to Barneys charger?