The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

got another flange made with the reces cut in for the o ring,with the bolt pattern as it was it wasnt pulling in square.Ihave welded this one to the other flange giving it a bit more thickness,plus the ring should be a replacement part from jaguar if i ever need another one.Bit of cleaning with the grinder and then trial fit,i am hoping it clears now that the flange is thicker.If it doesnt then i will have to cut the top off the chamber and shorten it .

05062010598.jpg

05062010599.jpg

06062010601.jpg

06062010602.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the modified part fitted today ,no air leaks now.But i need to replace the rubber couplings and have a 180 degree bend like the drivers side as its making too much noise from that area,probably too much turbulance inside.Also the rubber couplings are expanding as they are just crap.The charger pully is getting hot,but the belt is slipping rather badly tensioner needs more support.

The fmic is doing its job pipe going in hot and cold the other side.I need to adjust the bov as it seems its perminately venting off at the moment.My new gauges came today aswell so going to be fitting them the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
i descided to spray all the intercooler pipes and the fmic matt black ,have to say very impressed with the look so far.the 180 degree bend has come aswell,just waiting for all the silicone connectors now.

Looks really good Barney, can't wait to see this.

Mate, do not sell the design of this set up to a brand name. get the brackets and all made up and sell the kit by yourself. You will see more money back from it and it will be your name not a tuners.

too be honest im not interested in patent ect.you cant get one if your design has been put on an open forum anyway and nobody else can copy it and patent either,plus i just want to enjoy it when its done for a while.

little bit more progress today.the charger belt doesnt slip now with the modified tensioner.got all the interior back together.the gauges are now finished,had to get a sort of helicoil done to take the smaller oil temp sensor.tried the bumper,but realized the filter is hitting the black mesh so needs moving back a couple of inches.Just waiting for the silicone bits still so i can fit the bumper,hire a trailer and hand it over to AFR.Fingers crossed should be next week now.

21062010621.jpg

21062010622.jpg

21062010623.jpg

21062010624.jpg

Remember under boost the belt is more prone to slip

its a manual tensioner so it can be wound tighter if needed.problem i had was the tensioner was flexing so i had to weld braces in.

Must be great to see it looking like a Supra again mate.

too right mate

Looking good and so close now

Will AFR be able to get some pics and video of it on the rolling road? would love to hear that thing going max chat.

i will ask them as it would be nice to keep.

just got in from sorting the earlier issues.the filter now clears the bumper mesh.

fitted new oil filter aswell.routed the AITsensor harness down to the ecu.Boost gauge pipe now connected,its the clear pipe but not sure its ok where its connected.theres some sort of valve thing that its on ,check pic any advice on that be good.

Also on the bulk head side of the y piece intake theres a larger vacum pipe,what would this of connected to.Just thinking of blanking it off somehow its the pic with the finger pointing to it.

fitted the sensor for the fans and the temperature controller,just the dreded wirring to do there.

21062010628.jpg

21062010629.jpg

21062010630.jpg

21062010631.jpg

21062010632.jpg

21062010633.jpg

21062010634.jpg

21062010635.jpg

21062010636.jpg

21062010638.jpg