The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

I did try to tell you! :rolleyes:

It will just need installed / setup by someone familiar with them.

to be fair a fiew people said to remove it but the idea of wirring didnt appeal to me.As ive said anything electrical goes over my head.getting a bit better now and starting to be able to follow some wirring diagrams.

going to refit all the charger and fmic now,then rewire the map 2.michell lane going to give me some guidance.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been testing the map2 to see if power is getting to it buy putting the live to the battery and grounding the earths,but the led is not coming on so im guesing the unit itself has an issue.

Bring it with you tomorrow and I'll have a quick look for you...

(Makes note to dig out wiring diagram and multimeters)

Good news Brendan :)

I can't find one for the NA, but the TT one is stated here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2646086&postcount=2

If no one else can find the NA one I'll dig out the workshop manual, can't see why it would be any different though...

cheers i should be fine then with the pressure at the moment.i can get everything back on now and just wait for the map2 to be fixed.Then fingers crossed its all go.

It sounds very good pressure, although hot I would want to see a lot less. I am sure you will once it warms the oil up to operating temperature

ideal,didnt want it running too long at the moment as the header is blowing and air leaks here and there,not pushing my luck at the moment.

headache time.the tensioner for the charger doesnt fit the new engine.i made it for the facelift lump .what i found is that the mounting holes in the pump casing are in different locations.so im now making another bracket for the tensioner.

the map 2 ecu has now been repaired will be picking it up in a bit,the internal power modual had blown.

headache time.the tensioner for the charger doesnt fit the new engine.i made it for the facelift lump .what i found is that the mounting holes in the pump casing are in different locations.so im now making another bracket for the tensioner.

the map 2 ecu has now been repaired will be picking it up in a bit,the internal power modual had blown.

Thats got to be annoying, But great news on the map 2.

Keep plodding on mate :thumbs:

well i tried but need a fiew more hours on it 13 today wasnt enough.

just the plenum and throttle body to go along with the belts before i can see the charger spin into life.

had a fiew setbacks today i managed to snap the auxillary belt tensioner clean in half,plus the charger tensioner not fitting right.

i have now removed the power steering cooling pipes as they were getting in my way,this enabled me to route the pipe in a better direction.

getting the map 2 back the day after i gave it to the guy was great all fixed for £64,apparently it had a fiew things blown inside.This wasnt wired in right from interpro ,for a start the main 12v feed wire was taped up and not used,confused on that one.

25052010583.jpg

25052010584.jpg

25052010585.jpg

25052010586.jpg

25052010587.jpg

yes yes yes ,finally got the charger running and sound awsome.

have a fiew small issues .The flange on the out going side of the charger is leaking so neen to get that skimmed.the exhaust is blowing as i had to double the gaskets to get it to clear,but now getting a 3mm spacer made that i can weld to the manifold.there is some pressure there its a struggle to keep your hand over the end of the fmic pipe,and no chance if you give it a slight rev.

enjoy the vid in the link.:):):):):):)