The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys .just uploading videos to youtube .

just found this text on the jaguar xjr6 which is a 4.2 straight six.This is what the charger came from.

The supercharged AJ16 engine used an Eaton M90 supercharger and an air-water intercooler. It produced 321 bhp (239 kW; 325 PS) and 378 lb·ft (512 N·m). Like the XJ12 of the same generation, the automatic gearbox in the XJR was the General Motors 4L80-E.

Shame it doesnt say at what rpm it produces the figures.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

Well done Barney, I fully apreciate the amount of work that went into this, based on my early attempts. Your hard work paid off and cant wait to hear and see it in the flesh. When I was doing mine one of the mags contacted me expressing interest if I ever got it finished, I would think they would be very happy to talk to you now you have a working example.

Edited by Shane
typo (see edit history)

Well done Barney, I fully apreciate the amount of work that went into this, based on my early attempts. Your hard work paid off and cant wait to hear and see it in the flesh. When I was doing mine one of the mags contacted me expressing interest if I ever got it finished, I would think they would be very happy to talk to you now you have a working example.

Lets hope this opens some doors for na owners now ,hopefully we should start seeing more of them built and each one shhould be better.

just got in ,what a day 850 miles of driving but worth every mile.I cant say thanks enough to john,matt and luke they worked some magic to get this beast up and running.they now have a customer for life .will post some screen shot links tomorrow,

It made 310hp,but i was never interested in that, the torgue was amazing 370 ft lb at 2650 rpm with a nice steady curve until charger maxed out at about 5500 rpm.All this and was only running at 6-7 psi.

YYYIIIPPPEEEE

370 ft lbs at under 2750 is a great figure and just what is needed in a road car. See those single turbo vanish looking for the boost to come on line ;) Well done!!!!

Superb news buddy - well done.

Glad everything went so well, and you got back safe and sound too.

So pleased for you that everything has worked out, my grin when the numbers popped up was priceless.

All we need now is for the damn sun to come out to play!!

I guess at around 4500 the engine demand starts to exceed the charger supply , you need a smaller pulley on the charger , this will push up the max torque a fair bit ,it will still rise and peak at the same rpm , the cam is dictating this (and the couple of "wobbles" in the torque ) , also your manifold may not be flowing enough and causing some choking at the top , hard to tell without the boost line and the intake may not be keeping vacuum low .

Aim for 14 psi with this charger and if the compression allows this =winner , then have the single turbo boys try to catch you -lol

get it on the road first though and enjoy !!

There seems to be no belt slip or manifold choking so just needs smaller pulley and charger intake vacuum checking, you have a fmic and if IAT is good , go for it ..you have another 7 psi to come !!

With Davids project on the go , it would give more data as a comparisson , bet he is eager to get his running now

There seems to be no belt slip or manifold choking so just needs smaller pulley and charger intake vacuum checking, you have a fmic and if IAT is good , go for it ..you have another 7 psi to come !!

With Davids project on the go , it would give more data as a comparisson , bet he is eager to get his running now

so the original pulley might of been right to use ,At least having the bigger one made was actualy a safe thing to do and i know the engineers can make whatever size i want now.