The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent work there buddy, bet it wasn't easy welding with it in place on the car.

Shouldn't have any problems now with that belt slipping.

was a bit tricky as there was no way of measuring it and welding,just a case of cut a bit and see what happens just trying to put an idea in my head into bits of metal.

could do with a shorter belt really as the one on there is on its full adjustment.

:rolleyes: It will get there mate

that doesnt bother me at the moment as the fiew other issues have been sorted,just waiting for the sard

fpr and pipe work to come next week that i have bought off another member and it will be ready for mapping once again.I have taken the skirts and spats off now ,they have been sold so the car looks crap at the moment.

fpr arrived today was going to hobble out and get it fitted but rain put a stop to that.need to get an adaptor to go on the rail adaptor to take the rubber fuel line,plus some new fuel hose.

Also need to get some connectors now for the LC1.i need a 2.5mm-2.5mm male connector and a 2.5mm male terminator.Plus i also need to get hold of the internal computer lead thats cd audio,this needs to be modified to fit into the option 2 port of the emu.

The worst part is i cant drive at the moment still ,and trying to get somebody to drop you around places is a right pain in the bum.

30092010106.jpg

trust me any project you undertake will ALWAYS take a lot longer than you expect, i now always expect everything NOT to fit, that way you never get dissapointed. I\just bought a brembo brake upgrade kit for my project car and now have found the wheels that i have designed the entire car (wheel arches ect) around wont clear the caliper! sods law, cant space them out and need 10mm... now to solve this one!

managed to get a fiew things done today .fitted the sard fpr just need to get a 90 degree fitting for the fuel rail adaptor then it will be finished.

started to wire in the innovate ,had to write down what needed to go wareso i new what i was doing.Have to say i am getting better at small electrical diagrams now.Figured out that i will tap into the 12 switched feed going to the cigarete lighter.Gauge fits nicely where the clock used to be.

Also just noticed the active light stays on along with the amber connection light on the emu ,is this normal.Still have to make up some sort of bracket to hold the emu in place aswell.

02102010112.jpg

02102010113.jpg

02102010114.jpg

02102010115.jpg

02102010116.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

In the 4th picture are those red things 'scotch locks'? If they are, do yourself a favour and take them out. Would be better to strip the wire back a little and solder them in place.

:)

there are a fiew of them behind the dash.somebody has already been in there.I was thinking of trying to sort them out at some stage.but at the moment i am going to leave alone until i get this running .

descided today that i had to get in the van and get some parts myself,impatience got the better of me.Managed to get the 90 degree fitting for the fuel rail adaptor for a huge sum of £2,so that is now fitted.fuel side of things should now be finished.The internal pc cable arrived this morning so that has been trimmed and now fits into the option port on the emu that was 99p and greddy want $25 plus whatever the postage would be for the option port connector with pigtail.As you can see from the pic the cable has a 4 pin connector each end all i had to do was cut the end one off with the white wire attached.The emu only needs 2 wires anyway ,as you look at the option port the 2 used are left had side analog and right hand side ground.

05102010118.jpg

05102010119.jpg

05102010120.jpg

thats the LC1 and gauge wired into the emu now.Also changed the IAT sensor the crappy little map one snapped off flush so had to drill it out retap the thread and fit the lucas one in its place.

Its all ready now to load a base map and fingers crossed it will start.

06102010123.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a fiew more things done today.We fitted the greddy injector adaptor into the loom(god knows what it does though).Started fitting the water injection .Tank is now fitted in the boot ,just need to box it in and carpet over it.The vacum pipe is plumbed into the plenum where the valve was.I need longer hard plastic pipe to plumb the water in as the one i had is too short.If you check out the pic of the throttle body ,you can see where i am planning on mounting the nozzle.This just needs to be drilled so the the nozzle can be pushed through snuggly.

As i was removing the side panel to get the pipes fed through i noticed a carrier bag tucked behind the speaker.On closer inspection there was some sort of small amplifier in there for the speaker and tweeter.dont know much about speakers ect but i take it these are not standard mutant x.

16102010143.jpg

16102010145.jpg

16102010144.jpg

16102010148.jpg

16102010149.jpg

16102010146.jpg