The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could it be anything to do with the iat sensors.the oem one is still connected to the ecu and i presume the map2 one is now connected aswell.

map are saying that a resistor should be fitted to the oem one to hold it at a certain temp.

this is their fact

Q. My OEM AFM contains an Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor, what happens when I remove this?

A. The MAP-ECU2 kit contains a new IAT sensor that you need to install in your airbox or intake. You replace the OEM IAT with a resistor that clamps the OEM ECU at 25 degrees Centigrade (77 degrees Fahrenheit), e.g. 2200 ohms is the normal value. The MAP-ECU2 will then adjust fuel mixtures for inlet air temperature variations

would an uprated pump be beneficial

if this is causing too much grief would a greddy ultimate be better

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

could it be anything to do with the iat sensors.the oem one is still connected to the ecu and i presume the map2 one is now connected aswell.

map are saying that a resistor should be fitted to the oem one to hold it at a certain temp.

this is their fact

Q. My OEM AFM contains an Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor, what happens when I remove this?

A. The MAP-ECU2 kit contains a new IAT sensor that you need to install in your airbox or intake. You replace the OEM IAT with a resistor that clamps the OEM ECU at 25 degrees Centigrade (77 degrees Fahrenheit), e.g. 2200 ohms is the normal value. The MAP-ECU2 will then adjust fuel mixtures for inlet air temperature variations

would an uprated pump be beneficial

if this is causing too much grief would a greddy ultimate be better

IAT trims wont adjust the fueling by that much mate :(

If you're outputting 4.5V or above it sounds like larger injectors may be needed to give more fuel for the same voltage, though fuel pump switching is a factor around that point. From memory on the TT my datalogs showed the stock ECU wanting to stay closed loop for a good bit into boost / RPMs as well as WOT - it scared me at first as to how lean the stock ECU runs things in closed loop on the TT but I didn't hear any det so lived with it and concentrated on the open loop stuff especially around the transition point fuelling and timing wise.

Also, the IAT stuff seemed aimed at the American guys (by nature also UK) with their MAF based air metering - I'm ignorant when it comes to the 2JZ-GE but from the wiring schematic it uses MAP as stock like the JDM TT so the IAT thing will be covered as you don't remove it from the loop when you switch to the MAP-ECU2 MAP sensor as you do when abandoning the AFM (it has the stock IAT there IIRC) air metering for a US/UK spec car.

this is thhe reply i got back from map.

Disregard everything we said about KVF as it is MAP sensor based.

We think it is going rich because the MAP sensor voltage is probably going out of the acceptable range.

How are you getting more fuel under boost? What is the injector duty cycle under boost

Mapecu2 on any NA to Charged converion isnt really the best solution, it can be done but requires a lot of work.

The ME2 has NO injector control whatsoever, just fudges the map signal which isnt ideal.

You will need to use o2 adjust, basically the NA ecu will shoot for 14's no matter what you do, so you need to intercept the stock o2 signal and use the o2 adjust map to fool the ECU into adding more fuel. (He can try disconnecting the stock 02 but sometimes this makes tuning a little harder)

I would Disable stock ACIS control by removing the Diaprham and bolting the butterfly in its horizontal postion, this should be done on all GE NA-T or charged conversions IMHO

Mapecu2 on any NA to Charged converion isnt really the best solution, it can be done but requires a lot of work.

The ME2 has NO injector control whatsoever, just fudges the map signal which isnt ideal.

You will need to use o2 adjust, basically the NA ecu will shoot for 14's no matter what you do, so you need to intercept the stock o2 signal and use the o2 adjust map to fool the ECU into adding more fuel. (He can try disconnecting the stock 02 but sometimes this makes tuning a little harder)

I would Disable stock ACIS control by removing the Diaprham and bolting the butterfly in its horizontal postion, this should be done on all GE NA-T or charged conversions IMHO

the acis has been removed ,the butterfly has also been removed and the hole for the shaft welded up.

well the next thing is the battle between tuner and ECU = 02 feedback

I would disconnect the stock o2 feeds to the ECU and remap from there, as its impossible to map a GE engine for boost when the stock ecu is still using these, although the correct way is to intercept OX1 and use the 02 adjust table on the mapecu though this is very tricky

Also, as a band aid you can use the TPS and MAP enrichment function on the MAPECU to help combat lean spots during hard throttle changes

Are you 100% on this, as pointed out in another thread the NA is top feed and TT is side feed, are you using a TT rail too?

Stock 1jzgte rail works IIRC and everything lines up, think the 2jzgte rails also works but you need to Fab mounts. dunno what Barney is using though..

Are you 100% on this, as pointed out in another thread the NA is top feed and TT is side feed, are you using a TT rail too?

they are obviously not uk 550's if they dont fit.i am using stock ge rail.they are denso 550 though as thats what the part number comes up with and are low imp .

they are obviously not uk 550's if they dont fit.i am using stock ge rail.they are denso 550 though as thats what the part number comes up with and are low imp .

Are they RX7 injectors? Part number 195500-1370?

As these 550's are the most common, but come in High and Low imp. but both use the same Part number

they might well be as the part number was the same.not sure on the number now.they were black with purple connectors.

RX7 lows are pinky/red

RX7 Highs are purple (injector on Right)

Problem is, with SARD, Greddy, HKS, they modify a standard injector to a different CC and the Part number of the injector is not changed, so to be 100% sure on its flow rate you would really need to get them tested. This may not be anything to do with the issues you are having, but worth ruling it out

RX7 lows are pinky/red

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk291/jcooper38/SDC10651.jpg

RX7 Highs are purple (injector on Right)

http://www.stealth316.com/images/fi_front1.jpg

Problem is, with SARD, Greddy, HKS, they modify a standard injector to a different CC and the Part number of the injector is not changed, so to be 100% sure on its flow rate you would really need to get them tested. This may not be anything to do with the issues you are having, but worth ruling it out

not the pink ones.second pic not working.