The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just realized i didnt order the 2 32mm ones for the bov.just rang the ebay company and he said he will make them now and look out for my payment so he can send them in tonights post.top guys.

Is that http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DPH-Silicone-Hose ? that's where I got mine too, very helpful people and top class products

Can't wait to see what this can do once you've got it mapped.

Fair play, given the problems you have had along your conversion path,you have stuck to your task , many would have given up by now.

It gives everyone an insight into just how hard such projects are, and you have done it all by eye , no CAD/CAM,and trial and error used .and all for less than a F1 team spend on one steering link !

Such DIY rocks, who needs HKS

Fair play, given the problems you have had along your conversion path,you have stuck to your task , many would have given up by now.

It gives everyone an insight into just how hard such projects are, and you have done it all by eye , no CAD/CAM,and trial and error used .and all for less than a F1 team spend on one steering link !

Such DIY rocks, who needs HKS

cheers have to say the help ive had off different people manualy and good advice and knowledge has been great.wouldnt of got this far else.:)

I can't see how you have plumbed in the engine breather pipework, but if you haven't already, you need to have those rocker breather pipes connected to the suck side of the induction system to prevent over pressure in crank case.

Otherwise you could be blowing out a crank oil seal.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

I can't see how you have plumbed in the engine breather pipework, but if you haven't already, you need to have those rocker breather pipes connected to the suck side of the induction system to prevent over pressure in crank case.

Otherwise you could be blowing out a crank oil seal.

i have them going straight into the catch can then vented out under the car.

fiew more things done today.

wired the fans in with darren,but the temp controler isnt right the markings dont line up so temp will have to be done by trial and error.The wirring still has to be tidied up ,could do with some sort of box to fit it all in.

the intercooler pipes are now fitted back on with silicone couplings but the couplings were bigger than the crap rubber ones so all the pipes had to be trimmed again to fit.The bov needs adjusting still as its still open when throttle pressed.

The oil filter has been moved back and now clears the bumper mesh.

Had a bit of a headache as the car wouldnt start again.Found out it was the spark plugs breaking down and sparking nilly willy.These came out of pudseys vvti and were iridium.Orderd some ngk 8's now.

The car sound much better with the sweeping 180 degree bends now,none of that air turbulance noise.All you get now is the whistle from the charger,oh and the exhaust note which is rather loud this needs changing soon.

Bumper is now bolted back on properly and it finally looks like my old car again.

At the moment it is smoking rather badly very rich,plus the mix match of plugs in there at the moment aint helping.

first time for 9 months that the car has move dmore than a foot.You can definately feel the car wants to go as you rev a little and pull away,and thats with the bov still venting off slightly.

:D:d:

22062010641.jpg

22062010642.jpg

22062010643.jpg

22062010644.jpg

22062010645.jpg

22062010646.jpg

22062010649.jpg

22062010650.jpg

22062010651.jpg

Looks so much better all in one piece. Sorry i might of missed it, but when does it get handed to AFR?

i rang them today to see if it was ok to drop it up to them next week.about a 500 mile round trip.then have to do it again to pick it up.

might even wash it as it hasnt seen any soap in 9 months

did you manage to get hold of dude about the plugs ?

no mate ive put the na ones back in they were the same just 7's instead of 8's.

didnt feel like doing much to it myself so had some help.funny when your help falls asleep on the engine.Bless her she learning and putting up with me and the car.

car sounds a lot better apaert from the bov venting off still.check out the latest video

24062010655.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

had the car ticking over for a while to see what oil pressure drops to.On idle it drops to 20 on the gauge ,also found that the temp gauge isnt working as that is still flashing away on the same number as when the car is started.

So thats the oil temp and boost gauge not working correctly and the temp set switch for the fans.

Every time i think im ready to take the car to AFR something keeps cropping up.My plan now is to take the car up as the gauges can be sorted after when the car is running right,so its trailer up and back i think.