The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep i know the eaton ones! not to bad chargers! they make a safe amount of boost!

When my G ladder one went on my G60 i looked at eaton chargers but i went all outand got a BBM twin screw that made 22PSI..... thats y my piston went as it under fueled.

Will you be goin management with this mate? i think it would be a good idea 2!

Although it has 2 rotors it is not a compressor, its a positive displacement pump so has no internal compression

yer i know what ya mean but i class most chargers as compressors :p

As far as i know there like 2 giant drill pieces... if there anything like my BBM i have a picture someware one sec.....

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/2105/image549d.jpg

cost me over £2k that charger lol

just a pic of it on the outside with a 65mm pully but i fitted a 55mm pully after!

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5747/image547.jpg

God i miss my G60 :( it sounded like a war serion goin off lol

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

i have built everything by trial and error ,i havnt got any measurements for brackets ect.once its finished and i have put it through its paces i was thinking of taking it off and giving it to an engineers.Going to see if they could copy the brackets out of billet alloy.I have a fiew contacts for the chargers now .also management wise for those who havnt read the whole thread im using a map ecu 2.

Wow mate, you have done an amazing job and it looks like its going to be worthwhile in the long run.

But dont sell your designs as others have mentioned, maybe become a trader as im sure many N/A owners on here will be going this route

And again well done mate

car sounds great barney you have done an amazing job with no workshop and out in the elements ,top marks to you cant wait to see it in the flesh,go and get the design patented then sell the rights to a top tuning company to reproduce it that way you get royalties.

looking and sounding great mate. You want to get in contact with club member bondango "marty" runs ssi in northern ireland and they supply and work with the map2 ecu a lot. could give you some help getting it set up for your car.

cheers mate would be ideal to get some info from him.just looked at their site amd brought back some memories as i was stationed there for 3 years in the raf regiment at aldergrove.many a night and day spent patroling that area.

got the bov recirculation pipe finished today,and sorted out the issue with the headers blowing.I then removed the pipe work on the outgoing side of the charger and it is definately warped,not sure if i need to weld another flange to it and get it skimmed or just get it skimmed as it is.problem is im not sure there is enougth thickness in the single flange.It definately sounds better now that the header isnt making that loud ticking noise.

30052010592.jpg

30052010593.jpg

30052010594.jpg