The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have now fitted another altinator took off the starter to check the main cable ,that is ok rtraced every connector /wire coming out the loom and its all connected.yet the issue still there.

this has now become one major setback.Are there any other fuses on the car that i might of missed,but im thinking if im getting a spark when i turn on the ignition (this doesnt happen every time).then there shouldnt be a blown fuse.this project has taken a lot of my time and caused some head scratching but has been ticking along up until now.the only thing realy to try now is another na ecu/piggy back.I am also thinking of removing my loom and replacing it with a standard na one,to eliminate any issue with the resistor pack.

Im glad its nothing to do with the engine bud, ive fitted and changed engine's before and been told (promised) they are good but until it fire's up and run's smooth the doubt is always there.

Look forward to seeing it running so you better do a recording for all us boys on here to see it plus i wanna see me old engine live again lol.

Keep your chin up mate ill speak to kevin today and see if he can pop over or we tow it over to him ? see if they got a towing bar not rope ;)

ok mate,bet its something so simple that is getting overlooked.but through all the process of ilimination i cant for the life of me see what.

The MAP2 is the unknown here as you don't know what map is loaded onto it - there are a wealth of settings to do with ignition and air metering that need to be set right for your engine setup. If it's truly using the inbuilt MAP sensor then the wire from the loom for the standard MAF sensor should be cut and the MAP2 MAP output feeding into that pin on the standard ECU connector into the Toyota ECU.

Unless you really know what you're up to with the MAP2, you should take it out the loop and return wiring / fuelling to stock - it'll save you a lot of wasted time and headscratching troubleshooting all sorts when it's likely MAP2 related. Once you're up and running standard, then start changing variables to suit being boosted.

I wasted a good couple of days headscratching when I first got my MAP2 and fitted to my TT with a fields copy harness - I was a guinea pig as it was just out. I actually developed the J-Spec base maps with the MAP guys after IanC kindly gave me stock MAP output voltages to work from. Before then you couldn't eliminate the stock MAP sensor and run off the MAP2 internal one. I had ignition issues too and took a while to figure out correct jumper settings and wiring as mine wasn't a USA / UK spec which is what they were originally designed for.

Cheers,

Brian.

Its the engine turning backwards that is very odd thing , and only when ignition is on -there are very few things that can cause this ! find this first and it will probably explain the ignition issue - usually there is only 1 problem that has subsequent effects

any links to a wiring diagram? and I will take a look -and list points to check , to eliminate components such as the ignition switch itself

the starter can only go backwards if supply has swapped ie pos volts on the earth and the positive making and earth return , even a low voltage will try and turn the other way but not fully crank

Slow and logical is always the way with these type problems ,and again rushing to complete the project can always lead to simple errors , being tired ,or darkness /rain coming on can push you to rush things

If you just start swapping thing all over the place you can introduce new defects that were not there in the first place , now it will get complex!!

Saw it my self last night

When ingnition on you get an initial spark prob energising

This would prob cause unburt fuel from previously crancking to ignite causing to rotate back about 1/2 inch on pully ?

how far is it rotating? 1/2 inch - aircon compressor energising? , as above , fuel injectors open all the time filling the chamber with pressure?

try disconnecting air con plug, pulling fuel relay , start relay ,all plug leads , one at a time -see what happens ?

have you tryed bypassing that back to factory, i used to work at an auto electricians and the amount of ;

toad ,

viper,

sterling,

clifford

and a few other immobilisers and alarms we had to chop out was silliy

i was thinking about having it removed,it cuts the ignition completely so engine cant be turned over,but that is working.would it also be wired in to stop any sort of spark.

it depends what cut they took it off when they fitted it. alot of inobilisers are duel cut eg

they cut cranking and fuel or ignition and cranking, if one of the relays in the imob have faild it may well crank but no ignite.

do you know if its a single or multi point imobiliser? its well worth bypassing it just to try you never know. just fing witch lines go live on the unput side of the imobiliser and tap a wire onti it around the main brain and to the corisponding wire after the box. you never know ?

there is a few alarms that will let you turn the engine but not spark.

my clifford don't let the engine turn.

my imobilezer does the same engine cannot be cranked,but would it also stop the spark.mine is lazerline

just looked it up on the net and it cuts all the electric curcuits.starter,ignition and injection or coil.

16052010569.jpg

16052010570.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

immobilizer now removed ,still no spark.i have power coming from the coil but thats it doesnt seem to be doing anything at the dizzy.

that's probably a low power going there, and cannot reach the dizzy.

you are running a tt harness on your car right?