The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forza 3 championship.

nevins

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reviewing the video evidence, the independant judge has declared that Harpsy was not at fault for the crashes on the first corner of Silverstone.

Those at fault know who they are. Especially in the second race. It was quite shocking!

Would be good to do a stock race so all the cars are equal. I think some had far better set ups than others. As in, everyone elses was better than mine :)

That's a very good idea harps. Though stock supras are v.v. slow - at least compared to A class. But maybe do C-class supras?

Can you send replays to other players by the way?

We could also raise the stakes and race R3 supras (if I recall there is little you can do tuning to them as well). I reckon their 'd be far more crashes :eyebrows:

My car was setup for corners with super soft suspension to be able to ride the kerb (and grass if need be!) without hesitation or hiccups. Makes races far more forgiving on the car so you are less likely to spin out. A fast car which is twichy is less competitive in newbie hands than a slower car which is more stable.

Also with a car with good grip you can really pressurise other plays into mistakes in corners. They spend so much time looking at their mirrors, its inevitable most will make a mistake eventually.

I had a quick 2 min tune this morn and did a couple of 1.58 laps on silverstone compared to the 2.02 i was doing whilst racing.

Will work on it for next week, theres f*ck all i can do about my poor driver skill though :( sorry to all who i barged off in the corners.

Lol,

You can adjust the view if you use the interior view (hardcore like me) by going into multi screen settings then changing the angle to 70%, it puts the seat position back a bit so you can see the rear view mirror better.

WSB pressured me into locking my brakes on the final corner on one of the Sebring laps, I didn't realise until it was to late and no amount of cadence braking would bring it back, I hit the wall doing over 100, the fact I finished the race at all was a miracle :D

I'm going to fine tune the Surpa when I get in tonight. I'm being left for dead in the corners due to lack of downforce, but the flip side is on the straights I can generate a fair bit of speed.

On the Laguna Seca track, I'm convinced Nevins forgot which button was the brake and decided to use my rear end instead into the first corner, then there's Maple valley, where I had the worst luck and rolled the bloody car twice!!

I look forward to the next round!!

as for tuning the forza auto tune can be a bit quirky to say the least

tuning up a gt40 i played with all sorts of parts, it is quicker with a turbo rather than supercharger and having to only do the first weight reduction and no cams valves etc to get it into the 600 class,

my white supra which was killing you on the straights is nothing special

without giving to much away its had the v8 conversion for the torque and 4x4 conversion for off the line acceleration, this car however handles like a complete pig on corners and the brakes are totally shocking, hence using a diffrent car for a circuit with more corners

i will however put the tune up on my storefront for sale shall we say 10,000,000 :)

oh bored now hit level 50 last night :)

some stock racing would be good but the first corner would be even MORE messy

we should all have pretty much the same stock cars

winner picks track, second place picks stock car ????

yeah, stock is just too slow..

i was using my S class (orange one in case you didn't remember me..) and that was just about right without any driving aids.

Pretty quick down the straight but you had to be very careful in the corners.

It was a useful car for knocking Nev off the track though :D

as for tuning the forza auto tune can be a bit quirky to say the least

tuning up a gt40 i played with all sorts of parts, it is quicker with a turbo rather than supercharger and having to only do the first weight reduction and no cams valves etc to get it into the 600 class,

my white supra which was killing you on the straights is nothing special

without giving to much away its had the v8 conversion for the torque and 4x4 conversion for off the line acceleration, this car however handles like a complete pig on corners and the brakes are totally shocking, hence using a diffrent car for a circuit with more corners

i will however put the tune up on my storefront for sale shall we say 10,000,000 :)

oh bored now hit level 50 last night :)

some stock racing would be good but the first corner would be even MORE messy

we should all have pretty much the same stock cars

winner picks track, second place picks stock car ????

That would explain it, rule was no AWD :p

First corner would be messy, but we could do round robin like you say.

Every race the stock car we race with has to change and can only use an already used car after 3 races

Im going to take a look tonight at the series race options on a private room.

However R3 Supra is another Good idea, all the same that way. although I think more power may be disasterous! :D