The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forza 3 championship.

nevins

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still need to work on my set-up.

One of my cars has the legs on the straight but isnt as quick thru the corners.

It was superb on the Le Mans track until I got wiped out by tDR :)

My other car is slightly better handling but pretty slow. This meant everyone kept slamming into my lovely Kelly Brook paintwork at every corner.. :(

Yeah Good racing again last night, Shame I had to get off early:(

At the mo Im using two cars one for speed and and one for the short twisty tracks however I have a "Top secret" project Im slowly working on this will be made for most tracks without long straights I.E. Le mans.

Yeah good racing last night, i had to shoot off early too.

I need a good car for top end for tracks such as Le Mans.

I bought a car set-up online which i thought was pretty pap so haven't really used it much. The speed rating was much higher than my other Supra though so i thought it would do a higher top speed and used it for Le Mans last night... it then hit the limiter in 6th at 161mph :rolleyes:

I still went on to win by keeping away from you guys though :p

What is the speed bar for?

I have just done 2 new set-ups sp will have to test them against people if anyone is on over the weekend.

I did some practice laps and it was hard to see which was faster as they both have their advantages.

One is quick on acceleration but the other corners better.

This is starting to do my head in..

I think I had you all on my Le-Mans setup too :D, just didn't get a chance to show it because of extremely wide cars on the main straight :taped: - on both occasions I started at the back of the grid, kept my nose out of trouble through the initial corners and reeled everyone in like a train once I got onto the straight (passed some people like they were going backwards too!) then ran into trouble with very high speed crashes after picking a line to pass then finding the much slower moving car moving onto it to try and block. :angrymod:

As a result, both races round LM saw Benyon take it after starting at the front and just scarpering away once on the straight. After wiping out the 1st time, I DNF'd in 2nd and on the second outing it would have been the same outcome were it not for a certain roadblock on the straght effectively immobilising my car after a 2nd very high speed impact lol. Anyone got any replays from the LM racing to show some of this? :eyebrows: I forgot to save them :(

I won at Laguna Seca 3 times, Tsukuba and at Suzuka so very pleased my effort on setup and tuning seems to have paid off! :) Not sure I could create a better 'all-rounder' given it seems competitive whilst being pretty easy to drive - I can ride kerbs etc. and off camber stuff isn't a problem. That's why I'd rather create my own setups rather than using other people's tunes, I know it's unique and fits my driving style.

Doubt I'll be on until next week now as camped out at my Aunt & Uncles near Oldham for New Year.

After a day of trying various set-ups, I now have two new cars to add to my collection of Supras.

That makes eight in total.

Can someone really have enough Supras.. lol...

Here are the 2 new additions:

The first is set-up fopr speed on the long straights. The tail end is a little awkward at times but it's good for 206mph.

The second car is set-up just for handling. Top speed is only 180mph but you can safely brake withouit any twitching from the rear end. It's quite good on the twisty bits.

I dont think either of the cars are the best they can be but will hopefully be a little more competetive.

Nice work stratty, but can they withstand my driving and others? thats what we will find out.

P.S. If anyone is interested im trying to Host a game of Virus(tag) tonight at 11, Its on the Benchmark Layout A using S class cars, I have posted on the forza3 forum and have had some interest but some cant make it tonight. Anyways if anyone wants to join in you must have the Benchmark test tracks which if you have input the code you got with the game and downloaded the extra content then you should be ok with.