The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forza 3 championship.

nevins

I'll be on today and the next couple of days at least at all sorts of times - need to earn some money for my 'multiple setups' masterplan. Currently evaluating twin turbo vs. NA, tried a supercharger but found it was a little slower as less torque and not brilliant power. Single turbo vs. twin seems not a lot in it, I have settled on the v8 powerplant though over the 2JZ.

Have you done enough tuning to allow us to do some races on a track other than Laguna Seca yet? :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you done enough tuning to allow us to do some races on a track other than Laguna Seca yet? :D

LS is just a good track for me to benchmark my car against the competition - I know it very well as I tend to set up my cars there given it's a good variety of corners and high speed with off camber stuff thrown into the mix.

I know it isn't my driving at LS and can quickly see if my car ain't up to the mark, on all these new fangled tracks I'm learning the track as much as anything.

Pretty confident on my general setup now following much time on car development :thumbs:

On most tracks it's not about the top end - concentrate on other areas for sure!

I've created a few setups. Just need to know if 200 is competitive for the faster tracks.

What was the reason for you needing to tweak your setup? I thought it was top end? Thats really the only reason I was wondering. Looking to get in on the action once the LT firmware comes out :D

I've created a few setups. Just need to know if 200 is competitive for the faster tracks.

What was the reason for you needing to tweak your setup? I thought it was top end? Thats really the only reason I was wondering. Looking to get in on the action once the LT firmware comes out :D

It was just generally a poor combination of parts vs. other peoples setups so slower in a straight line and in corners. My focus had been too much on power so the car was overweight. I've also gained some lap time from tweaking my car setup :thumbs: