The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of the Vette at last !

tooquicktostop

Well, finally got to chuck a bucket of water over it and give it a clean, managed to go over the whole car to create a list of things to do, it is a fairly long list but no surprises as yet, it needs

New Wheels and tyres all round, the current tyres are all shot

New weather strips around doors as they are perished

Fix driver seat electrics as they dont work

Fix drivers side electric window as it does not work

Few areas of paint to sort out

New brake discs and pads

Geo set up

Full mop and valet

New stereo to replace the original, I would like to keep the original for the retro look but it is shot and the Corvette owner club tell me its so complex to fix and quality so poor its not worth it

Once I have a full service and clean bill of health then a supercharger project will be on the cards over the winter

Will keep this thread updated with project if anyone is interested

Well here she is, no glam location I am afraid, just my parking spaces !

De Cat exhaust sounds nice, full decat will sound better

Interior is in good shape for a 19 year old car, usual US electric gremlins but all the important stuff works including A/C, Digital dash and warning lights

And the heart of the beast, 5.7 Litres of US muscle :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No major paint, it only has 53,000 on the clock, done less than 10,000 in last 5 years

Hope it turns out to be a great project, Yank stuff is so much cheaper to mod and look after

It is a nice project, that rumble growl thunder must sound awesome!

I am still surprised that the interior looks pretty comfy with creature comforts for a 19 year old muscle car. I was expecting it to be as welcoming as Ann Widdecombe on a night out on the town! :D

It is a nice project, that rumble growl thunder must sound awesome!

I am still surprised that the interior looks pretty comfy with creature comforts for a 19 year old muscle car. I was expecting it to be as welcoming as Ann Widdecombe on a night out on the town! :D

The Camaro was dreadful inside, really poor, this is Ok, it even takes my Golf clubs !, plenty of cubby holes to

Some of the issues these American cars have are down to over complicating stuff, the drives seat has air pumps and all sorts for bolster support, electronic sliders etc, non of it works ! :D

The radio in the dash is just a control panel, the control box is in the boot and each speaker has an amp, why !! :D

Get yourself into the owners club - they get some good discounts.

Give me a shout if you need any tips on where to buy stuff. Those weather strips are bloody expensive, but I know somewhere that sells original GM ones and gets them quickly.

The Bose stereos always have had the amp in the speakers. You can find aftermarket control units to power them.

Have fun with it!