The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What the hell do you get a Gf for xmas??

Whitesupraboy2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with that Claire. :)

Although that's not a taste thing it's a staple hair tool like a hairdryer.

Trouble is with a gift of GHDs as you say they're a tool. 4 weeks down the line you won't think what a nice bloke you have for getting them, you'll just be singing along to some music whilst just doing your hair as you normally do. I don't think you'd get the same chuffed looks if for instance, you were bought a breville toastie machine. Even though you can make some really tasty food..

Any day I'd prefer (and I think so does my GF) a gift of something unique and personal - something only someone intimate to me would know to get or make, or an experience which I can look back on and have some fond memories.

Well yes it is a taste thing... You dont have to spend £110+ on hair straighteners... you can use any crappy ones you see in the supermarkets, but, i for one know i go for ghd's purely because of how they look and i already know that they are the dogs danglies! Different straighteners have different styles, take the fhi's for example, completely different barrel to GHD's... it boils down to taste at the end of the day, and which you prefer.

Well yes it is a taste thing... You dont have to spend £110+ on hair straighteners... you can use any crappy ones you see in the supermarkets, but, i for one know i go for ghd's purely because of how they look and i already know that they are the dogs danglies! Different straighteners have different styles, take the fhi's for example, completely different barrel to GHD's... it boils down to taste at the end of the day, and which you prefer.

Where is the "that went over my head smiley" :D

I plan on getting my missus a new steam iron for xmas, just to see her face, will have a real gift also

New ironing board cover :D

Woah is your missus into extreme ironing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_ironing

According to the official website, extreme ironing is "the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well-pressed shirt."

Trouble is with a gift of GHDs as you say they're a tool. 4 weeks down the line you won't think what a nice bloke you have for getting them, you'll just be singing along to some music whilst just doing your hair as you normally do. I don't think you'd get the same chuffed looks if for instance, you were bought a breville toastie machine. Even though you can make some really tasty food..

Any day I'd prefer (and I think so does my GF) a gift of something unique and personal - something only someone intimate to me would know to get or make, or an experience which I can look back on and have some fond memories.

My other half got me mine and i still think "what a nice guy for getting them" lol but then again, im soft, i appreciate everythin he does for me lol :love:

I was agreeing with her that 'every girl needs them'.

That was all. :)

I was agreeing with her that 'every girl needs them'.

That was all. :)

Oh I can understand the essentialness of them as it seems nearly every female I know has some (bar my mother) and a few blokes in fact... :taped:

I agree though with your point of they're more a utility and that whilst useful, just wouldn't 'woo' a woman as much.

We need to get one of them on here as all i know is the ghds i bought the mrs were £155, whats wrong with ironing her hair on an ironing board.

http://www.lussorian.com/luxury/comments/worlds-most-expensive-hair-straighteners/2006-11-30/

£155 expensive? Try these... selling at Selfridges for a cool £9,500....

I fear we've gone a little OT here though for WSB2's comfort :D