The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What the hell do you get a Gf for xmas??

Whitesupraboy2

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once wrapped up a tin of baked beans (Heinz naturally) and put them under the tree for my mum.

The look on her face was priceless when she unwrapped her pressie and tried to exude pleasure.

I waited a good minute or so before the proper present.

Anyway just a thought.

You don't even have to have a back-up pressie, but it's probably wise that you do.

A night out

A lunch at Claridges in london (£140 for 5 course lunch for two... http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges/menus/alacarte/) and then a trip on the london eye or shopping in Oxford street with the rest? Or Tiffany's is right up the road from the restaurant... You could book for January and get train tickets etc cheap, or even get Meal + train tickets + Night in Hotel + tickets to a musical/show if you look around for £300. Then get a nice card + calligraphy the itinary in and give that to her. Then quite frankly expect a good night in that hotel ;)

If you booked a hotel on a sunday (took monday off) you'd get a cheap rate for a nice hotel. Just looked for you buddy and if you booked Sunday 24th Jan at a nice london hotel (been to myself)

http://www.parkplaza.com/countyhall_london It'd be £145, they have nice baths and comfy beds - perfect for a nice night out with the GF. Book train tickets in advance you can get them for £10 each return to Waterloo - this hotel is literally by waterloo.

Simples :)

Jewellery. Anything that sparkles.

Flowers, something quite personal. How about get a nice big frame which fits multiple photos and if you have any of her and you, or moments together, print them out, stick them in it as a present.

Underwear?

Zorbing?

Go-Ape (summer present - go to Moors Valley)

Trip down Spearmint Rhino's? (My missus actually wants this sometime... :D )

A night out

A lunch at Claridges in london (£140 for 5 course lunch for two... http://www.gordonramsay.com/claridges/menus/alacarte/) and then a trip on the london eye or shopping in Oxford street with the rest? Or Tiffany's is right up the road from the restaurant... You could book for January and get train tickets etc cheap, or even get Meal + train tickets + Night in Hotel + tickets to a musical/show if you look around for £300. Then get a nice card + calligraphy the itinary in and give that to her. Then quite frankly expect a good night in that hotel ;)

If you booked a hotel on a sunday (took monday off) you'd get a cheap rate for a nice hotel. Just looked for you buddy and if you booked Sunday 24th Jan at a nice london hotel (been to myself)

http://www.parkplaza.com/countyhall_london It'd be £145, they have nice baths and comfy beds - perfect for a nice night out with the GF. Book train tickets in advance you can get them for £10 each return to Waterloo - this hotel is literally by waterloo.

Simples :)

Jewellery. Anything that sparkles.

Flowers, something quite personal. How about get a nice big frame which fits multiple photos and if you have any of her and you, or moments together, print them out, stick them in it as a present.

Underwear?

Zorbing?

Go-Ape (summer present - go to Moors Valley)

Trip down Spearmint Rhino's? (My missus actually wants this sometime... :D )

Zorbing may be something thats good and fun for a day. Hotel idea not bad as its london. i'll have to do more digging!!

u can get photo make over days in london that are good, one i got my gf couple years back was 200 quid and they get like a port folio of all the pics. the cheaper ones are rubbish in comparison.

http://www.studios4u.co.uk/ i used these

failing that a posh hotel goes down well, i have one i take the gf to that has a 4 poster and a hot tub! combined with a meal your on to a winner. just search 4 poster hotels. usually about 100-200 quid a night.

jewellery is ok but some females have very specific taste and the problem ive found you could spend 100s and because you (shouldnt) leave the price tag on they cant tell if it cost 800 or 8 quid in argos!! so its a pretty wasted effort!

another thing ive done is give them a pretty good budget and take them shopping for the day, that way they actually get what they want and dont have to fake a satisfied smile altho she might already be good at that :( its surprising how much faster they show when its not there money! its like il have that, that, that and that. think thats what my gf wants to do this year, so much easier :)

if she is into cars then modify hers?! my gfs polo now sits on coilovers and some nice rims from previous bday/xmas.

Well when you figure it out let me know as the wife is deficient of this years wonderful gift. Last year I got my Mrs a DVD and inside it I carefully opened it up put the tickets for the west end show version of that DVD with a package hotel stay at the Grosvenor hotel and sealed it back up. Covers the sh*t trinket present and good present in one package. Unfortunately I've now got to at least match the thoughtful surprise (the downside of figuring out a decent pressie)

well its been a while since had a Girlfriend around xmas time...and i'm now remembering the reason why not to have one :D

Ive bought a couple of small thoughtfull things, but they arent any good,more just show thought.

So im now after a good present, I said how about a computer she's happy with the one she has I can tell...im not its like a P4 or something!!!

I said what about an xbox 360, as ill be able to come over more :D...she replied with we see each other enough :blink:

I have about £300, so any ideas be great!

save your cash. that one reply leads me to believe she'l be calling it off pretty soon.

The one time I had a girlfreind coming up to christmas, I gave her an early present of a breakup to save on costs.....................yes, I really am that much of a w@nker:d.

Not really. I was always lead to believe New Year's Eve is the night if you want to maximize any break-up.

So in a sense you only get 8.5/10 :D

Has she seen Uranus?

I doubt it but i bet he's seen hers :D

Anyway...:innocent:

Links of London jewellery is nice as already mentioned, perfume, some nice make up if she likes that sort of thing, or an expensive handbag just dont buy clothes because you will always get it wrong!!;)