The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Cat got hit by a Car

keancy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try feeding him chicken and white fish, you can blend and syringe it if he wont take it himself. Im guessing the vets have given you something like AD to feed him, which is good for recovery but dosent taste as nice as chicken and fish. keep his meals really bland so his tummy stays settled. The most important thing is that he eats and gets his strength up. Ive seen alot of cats that have been hit by cars and its amazing how they recover. Im sure he will be fine.

Try feeding him chicken and white fish, you can blend and syringe it if he wont take it himself. Im guessing the vets have given you something like AD to feed him, which is good for recovery but dosent taste as nice as chicken and fish. keep his meals really bland so his tummy stays settled. The most important thing is that he eats and gets his strength up. Ive seen alot of cats that have been hit by cars and its amazing how they recover. Im sure he will be fine.

Yep the Vet did give me the stuff you said about high proteine food which I syringe. I tried Tuna, Chicken, his own food and no use he don't want it but we did manage to hand feed him about 10 tiny bit's of his dry whiskas food followed by a syringe full of water. I don't mind syringe feeding him but he hates it and it is mega messy specially with the cone on his head, no choice tho.

Quick question for those of you that replied to this and had Cats that had major trauma,accident, and /or operations.

My Boy still doesn't eat but I am syringing him with liquids (water) and liquid special food from Vet, plus managed to get him to eat like 10 cat biscuits (tiny) out our hands, but he isn't peeing in his tray yet he keeps leaking urine where he lays down is this to be expected?? Vet never mentioned about this. He is on antibiotics so hopefully no bladder infection will form.

Is he castracted? full male cats can sometimes get a blocked bladder, which is quite serious. other reasons could be that he is just too uncomfortable to move to his tray. is he on pain relief along with the antibiotics? make sure his tray is in a place where he can easily get to. if it has a lid it might be better to remove it for the time being. i will ask the vet at work tomorrow and see if i can get more info for you.

Is he castracted? full male cats can sometimes get a blocked bladder, which is quite serious. other reasons could be that he is just too uncomfortable to move to his tray. is he on pain relief along with the antibiotics? make sure his tray is in a place where he can easily get to. if it has a lid it might be better to remove it for the time being. i will ask the vet at work tomorrow and see if i can get more info for you.

Just spoken to the Vet and he needs to go in at 2pm to be looked over as he shouldn't be leaking like that.

He has been castrated yes. His tray is easy accessible but he is also a bit solid with his poop so that could be giving him discomforts too.

Update for those who might be interested.

Binx had his stitches out yesterday and seems a much happier boy now. He eats and walks about even jumped up on the Window-seal a few times :o

Only problem remaining at the moment is the fact he doesn't really urinate very well, i.e. not even close to enough so his bladder isn't getting proper empty but he is also a bit bunged up the other end which I suppose could be adding to the problem.

All in all, he is home, he is alive and he is still our beloved Binx, the rest will follow.

Thanks again for all of your support and care, it helped a lout. ;)

Another week and another update:

Mr.Binx has to go back to the Vet on Thursday this week to have his Tail amputated as it is dying from the tip up after he broke it in the accident :(

Another week with the dreaded cone, oh joy. But he is alive and well and after this hopefully we can all move forward and be on the mend in time for x-mas.

x

Think of it as despoilering :)

Better than a decat!

Glad to see a happy ending on this one :thumbs:

Or weight reduction (stage 1). Stage 2 = neutering.

Get him chipped :D as well.

Glad the puss is on the mend. Are you going to test if he lands the right way up still? (on something soft of course)

Or weight reduction (stage 1). Stage 2 = neutering.

Get him chipped :D as well.

Glad the puss is on the mend. Are you going to test if he lands the right way up still? (on something soft of course)

LOL, not at the moment no will give him a chance to figure that one out. But he prolly won't be landing on his feet but many Cat's live without tails quite happy and I am sure he will too.

Update:

Binx had the Op Thursday morning to remove his Tail and he came home last night. He seems happier and much more back to his troublesome self ever since lol. Gotta watch him like a Hawk cause he is tugging at stitches and other then a tiny bit of clear liquid weeping from his Tail things are good.

Oh, and he has a bald ass lolol bless him

When this happened to your Cat did the wound weep a little bit for a day or so, just ever so slightly?

His mangina did a little bit. He didn't get his tail lopped off though. I doubt its anything to worry about. Obviously if it continues then ask the question :)