The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Cat got hit by a Car

keancy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to say I am feeling gutted and guilty would be an understatement. I picked him up at 4pm this afternoon and brought him home with meds, instructions and cone to stop him going at stitches which incidentally he never touched while he was there. Long story short I had to take him back by 8pm because no sooner did I get him home he started licking and YANKING at his stitches almost removing the one out of his leg. Every time I put the Collar on him he started to freak out get stressed and hyperventilate (He never wears a Collar as he nearly strangled himself with one once)

I totally didn't know what to do or how to stop him doing this so now he is back at the Vets for a night with a Collar on while they can monitor him. I feel like I mega failed him as he will prolly think he did something wrong and we abandoned him :(

PS: My Hubby renamed him "Frankencat" as he looks horrific too poor soul, bald patches everywhere

Anja you really need to keep the collar on regardless of whether the cat is freaking out or not. I know its absolutely horrible as we had to do the same with our cat Taz. He was NOT impressed in the slightest but, as you have found out, if you take it off the stitches are coming out. We managed to dour it out and got there in the end. You have about 3-4 weeks of that kind of fun ahead of you. He will get used to the cone after a few hours.

Glad he is getting there, sounds like he will make a full recovery.

Just wondering, is he a big cat? Our cat is pretty big and we managed to get a small dog collar on him. The ones for dog's are MUCH better than the one's for cats.

The one we had is called "comfy collar" and is a size 1.

Turns out they may do them for cats now too....

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/comfy-collar2.jpg

Just wondering, is he a big cat? Our cat is pretty big and we managed to get a small dog collar on him. The ones for dog's are MUCH better than the one's for cats.

The one we had is called "comfy collar" and is a size 1.

Turns out they may do them for cats now too....

http://www.amazinghealth.co.uk/comfy-collar2.jpg

Scott that thing looks a bit more comfortable then the stupid thing mine has on lol.

He has to keep the stitches in for another week yet and he will be left unattended for several hours a day. His wound is also not "small" its about 6-7 inches long, plus he has wounds on both his front legs and one rear as they desperately looked for a vein when he nearly didn't make it :(

Scott that thing looks a bit more comfortable then the stupid thing mine has on lol.

He has to keep the stitches in for another week yet and he will be left unattended for several hours a day. His wound is also not "small" its about 6-7 inches long, plus he has wounds on both his front legs and one rear as they desperately looked for a vein when he nearly didn't make it :(

Yeah tazzy boy wasn't a happy chappy with the cone at all. That thing was suggested and it made life a lot easier. We felt much better when he had that as we had to leave him for long periods of time too.

I would suggest getting 2 though, they really trap in a lot of odour. Have one that you can swap out for washing. We didn't, poor kitty was stinking lol.

Yeah tazzy boy wasn't a happy chappy with the cone at all. That thing was suggested and it made life a lot easier. We felt much better when he had that as we had to leave him for long periods of time too.

I would suggest getting 2 though, they really trap in a lot of odour. Have one that you can swap out for washing. We didn't, poor kitty was stinking lol.

I wouldn't know where to get one of those to be honest as we live in the sticks and pet supplies are far and few between down these ere parts. Well I will have to see what happens over night I spose.

Well Binx is home again this time with a cone and he seems to be settled all tho he is one sulky extremely pissed off Cat right now, but he is ALIVE. That is the main thing.

The mess that is his rear leg where they had to cut to try and find a vein, then glued it

Extremely pissed off

Aww glad to see him home. Pissed off as he is he will get over it.

Nice to see a happy ending :)

Yeah, if only I could get him to eat now lol, got some stuff and syringes to feed him with, fun :(

Oh and he has jumped on my bed to sleep and peed on it nice....

Yeah, if only I could get him to eat now lol, got some stuff and syringes to feed him with, fun :(

He will be fine in the long run I'm sure.It will take time for him to get back to somewhere near what he was but stick with it!:)

He's just letting you know he's boss and pee'd off with you babe. :D

Good to know he's back home though. :)

whats the bill for that little lot.

£330 all together which ain't to bad for his live. I will be getting some Insurance for him tho in the next week or so.

During the night he had some poop and I woke up at 3am with his face right in mine and him puurrriiinngggg his absolute socks off lolol.