The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone have the new Sony E' Satio

Matt H

I take it you're a big Android fan. What is it that makes that OS your choice over others?

Because I used Nokia (symbian) for years, tried several of the other manufacturer offerings, and been completely unimpressed by the latest offerings. I'm very impressed with Android and looking forward to the 2.0 update.

I also dislike fruit, and it's the only other alternative IMO.

How much per month, if you don't mind my asking?

sure £40 a month

Unlimited WAP (3G)

wifi spots

Unlimited landline

900 minutes

Unlimited txt

I also did very well out of it, I firstly ordered online through quidco website, so get £90 cashback and put in code for free night in hotel.

My order didnt go through properly because of stock issues at time, so called up vodafone and told guy he said he could cancel it, i said i only went with them because of £90 quidco. so he got £50 credit on to my account, so said fine cancel other order. I was transferring my number from 02 as well.

So got new phone next day with sim and new number, day after another phone arrived. :D So called up played dum week later saying id had no money taken from account she said you have £50 credit, i said ohh yes i forgot could you just confirm my first order was cancelled correctly as I dont want to be billed twice, she confirmed it was cancelled.this week my £90 cashback came through and night in hotel.

So I actually have 2 phones :D but wont be selling the other till i know definetly not a problem.

One good thing about this phone is multi tasking. So if i was in messaging writing a message and decided to check my internet. Press middle button and then can go off and use another app / area of the phone.

Press and hold middle button to get a menu of your open apps,select messaging and carry on where i left off. I particularly like this.

I think I might be sold :D

sure £40 a month

Unlimited WAP (3G)

wifi spots

Unlimited landline

900 minutes

Unlimited txt

I also did very well out of it, I firstly ordered online through quidco website, so get £90 cashback and put in code for free night in hotel.

My order didnt go through properly because of stock issues at time, so called up vodafone and told guy he said he could cancel it, i said i only went with them because of £90 quidco. so he got £50 credit on to my account, so said fine cancel other order. I was transferring my number from 02 as well.

So got new phone next day with sim and new number, day after another phone arrived. :D So called up played dum week later saying id had no money taken from account she said you have £50 credit, i said ohh yes i forgot could you just confirm my first order was cancelled correctly as I dont want to be billed twice, she confirmed it was cancelled.this week my £90 cashback came through and night in hotel.

So I actually have 2 phones :D but wont be selling the other till i know definetly not a problem.

Well that's a good turn of events! :D

sure £40 a month

Unlimited WAP (3G)

wifi spots

Unlimited landline

900 minutes

Unlimited txt

I also did very well out of it, I firstly ordered online through quidco website, so get £90 cashback and put in code for free night in hotel

Just been on that website and can't seem to find out how the £90 cash back works? Is it just automatic? :confused:

Went on here too:

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-silver-sony-ericsson-satio.html

Looks pretty good

I think I might be sold :D

iPhone has been able to do this & can move faster between applications. I saw the Demo of the palm pre and it sort out timed out between loading applications.

The safari browser is a nice facility, but I have to say, the speed of which my mates 3gs loaded pages last night was a bit disapointing. I'm not sure whether it's the area I'm in that makes the difference, but loading up the google home page (which is the fastest loading page I've ever come across - in general), took quite a while.

It must be the location & I'd be surprised if it was that slow loading just the Google page using 3G. It could have been using GPRS rather than the 3G connection. When my friend was showing me his web browsing on his 3GS, we was in Central London at a Petrol Station & he was showing me Alan Day's VW webpage & this was data hungry with images of cars for sale. It was just as quick as my 2G when it is connected to my wireless at home!

Just been on that website and can't seem to find out how the £90 cash back works? Is it just automatic? :confused:

Went on here too:

http://www.mobiles.co.uk/vodafone-silver-sony-ericsson-satio.html

Looks pretty good

http://www.quidco.co.uk

Been using it for years, I use it for everything Tesco, Burtons, loads of places. Always get paid as well normally takes month or two to come through. Site only charge £5 for that year...if you make over £5. If you make under £5 no charge. Ive got over £200 on things back so far. :) and links into paypal so no bank details required.

So sign in on quidco website use their link to vodafone etc... and just use vodafone website as normal.

Im looking forward to doing 02 home broadband at one point it was 3 months free broadband and £100 cashback :D

18 or 24 months?

18month contract

The drummer in my band got himself an iphone a few weeks back.

I like his internet thing and his silly games.

But, when we are at our gigs, which take us round the country most weekends, his reception seems quite hit and miss - naturally he starts swearing at the the phone and threatening to throw it on the ground - think Basil Fawlty/tree branch/car

We are both on O2 btw, but his inability to make and receive calls (when I can) doesn't impress me.

Anyone notice bad reception issues on their iphone?

iPhone has been able to do this & can move faster between applications. I saw the Demo of the palm pre and it sort out timed out between loading applications.

My mate told me his iphone cant have multiple applications running.

For instance half way through writing a text message, media open, mobile maps and facebook and not have to reload them but just jump between them?

http://www.quidco.co.uk

Been using it for years, I use it for everything Tesco, Burtons, loads of places. Always get paid as well normally takes month or two to come through. Site only charge £5 for that year...if you make over £5. If you make under £5 no charge. Ive got over £200 on things back so far. :) and links into paypal so no bank details required.

So sign in on quidco website use their link to vodafone etc... and just use vodafone website as normal.

Im looking forward to doing 02 home broadband at one point it was 3 months free broadband and £100 cashback :D

Thanks for posting this link mate, it's really useful :thumbs: for not just phones as you say.

Is it really as simple as that then?

I use the link to vodaphone, buy the contract and quidco will give me £90? Just like that? I'm scared that it doesn't confirm anything....... Reasure me!! :D

I think I've made my mind up...

In light of the Xperia not being out until Feb, I'm going for the Satio. I'd still have a 3GS, but I can't see justification in paying out what could be almost double for a phone that is certainly not twice as good.

After shopping around, I think it's fair to say that the 3GS is a rip off in light of its capable, yet siginificantly better value, competition.

Thank you for all the valuable input in this thread. This has been beyond helpful, especially whitesupraboy's comments :thumbs:

Job done... :) Now to search out the best deal :sly:

Thanks for posting this link mate, it's really useful :thumbs: for not just phones as you say.

Is it really as simple as that then?

I use the link to vodaphone, buy the contract and quidco will give me £90? Just like that? I'm scared that it doesn't confirm anything....... Reasure me!! :D

to help you :D snipet of my account

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5126/quidco.png

Get the iPhone 3GS, I've checked reviews on the palm pre & it is only another attempt @ beating the iPhone. The main thing which will impress you is the OS, it works so fluidly. I know the market is selling the iphone stating how thousands of amps are available, but its real trick is how it all works so brilliantly. I watched Top Gear on my iPhone last night & I have an old 2G, plus they showed Jeremy showing his iPhone for the decimal meter for when they was driving the Ferrari underground! :D

Are those amps all 'current'? ;) And I prefer to use the imperial meter in preference to the decimal one. lol

Anyway, in Italy recently, returning to the hotel from the Stelvio pass, we stopped the cars on a little mountain road near Lake Garda for my mate to have a smoke. We stood in the dark at the side of the road watching the 'Stelvio Pass' episode of Top Gear on my Android phone - which incidentally also has a sound meter on it - which can be fully calibrated. (I would guess there's a lot of phones out there now that can do this stuff?) None of the apps that I have downloaded so far have cost me a penny.

I also downloaded a nice little bar-code reader that finds you the cheapest prices both on line and locally. I was in Waterstones recently, I checked the barcode on a book that was selling for £19.95 The phone told me that it was available in WH Smith just around the corner for £12.95 - again a free app. Something similar is available for iphone, but with it you have to actually take a picture of the barcode.

The phone also plays adobe flash on websites - something that the iphone doesn't. (apparently) Plus I can expand the memory if I need to and change the battery in a couple of years - things I couldn't do with an iphone if I had bought one.

I'm also an Android fan. :)

Seen this? http://trackmaster.trackaroo.com/welcome

Can't bring myself to actually pay money for an app though :D

I've tried out the Google My Tracks app which is quite cool, but basic.

Yep - was it you that posted this one a while back? Looks amazing, but like you, I can't bring myself to pay for an app quite yet. I've been spoiled with the Android Market!

• 4 weeks later...

Well my Sation arrived today.

Everything on it seems great. My only gripe so far is the touch screen, It's like you have to hit it with a hammer to get it to respond. I hope I get used to that, but having playing with iphones for a while I'm wondering if I will!