The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Left4Dead 2 out tonight? (PC)

The-Plethora

Just wondering if anyone else will be playing tonight, there are a few ideas on release dates being thrown around but most of them seem to be today for the PC version with the 360 version following 2 or 3 days later.

No mention of what time it will be released at the moment and there was quite a delay with the demo release so I wont hold my breath.

With any big release like this it's a pain as you have some friends that play on PC and others that play on 360 so I might get the 360 release at chrimbo. From the demo the graphics look a little dated now but its still good zombie smashing fun with the addition of chainsaws and frying pans! :cool:

http://gameentire.hosthit.net/uploads/2009/07/ss_preview_left_4_dead_2_2009_07_09_09_01.jpg

Leave your steam ID or 360 tag if you like, it would be good to arrange some games, bring a mic and jammy dodgers!:)

Both the PC and X360 versions are released on Friday 20th. At least they better be ... I planned the release schedule!!

I've had the PC version for about a week now, but gutted, STEAM won't activate it until release day, so I've not been able to play it properly at home yet!

Although I'm still geeking out on Dragon's Age right now, so no rush :D

Cheers, J

Ah well thats friday so not too bad I guess, is that a date valve have confirmed now?

By coincidence I have next monday off work so will be giving it a good going over then, the first game has pretty much stagnated for me and I know the seond will be the same but those 2 months or so are great fun, its the voice chat that really makes the game and I always found more PC games seem to use voice chat than 360.

I cant see the point really if there is no voice chat, you might as well play single player.

Not heard about Dragons age before, new mmorpg? I am afraid my personal vice has been Everquest2 for a few years but finally getting myself off it. Team fortress2 still gets the occasional play but I just find I dont have the time I used to so something like L4D 2 will give just the right amount of play time per campaign.

Yah ... the release date is the 20th because we (EA) are releasing it, and I was the one planning the schedule, so I just double-checked :D. Unless some places are releasing it early that I don't know of, but they shouldn't. And even if they do, the STEAM servers won't be activated until the 20th, so you won't be able to play the PC version either way.

Dragons Age is an RPG, but not MMO. It's basically like an MMO, but 'offline'. If you've ever played WoW, it's kinda like raiding a 5-man dungeon, but you have control of all of the players (although 4 in the case of Dragon Age). So you control the tank, healer, DPS etc yourself. It's backed up with a pretty cool storyline too .. about 100 hours of gameplay. It has all the trappings of an MMO, but at least you know that it's finite, and you won't be sucked in for the rest of your life. It's on PC and 360, but I would reccomend the PC version over the 360 version by a long way!! There are so many commands and menus and actions, that it's simply too much of a pain to play without a mouse and keyboard!!

Cheers, J

360 works for sure, we were playing retail copies of that a week ago. But last time I looked, there was a STEAM message just stating that the game isn't released yet and therefore can't be activated. Although that was a few days ago, so maybe they have propped the servers now with the authentication script.

Gave the PC version a blast last night on the first few levels and it was great fun, the chainsaw is a bloodbath.

Again voice chat makes the game more than anything else, played with one of my mates and some random scottish guy and one mute. I will give the other campaigns a go this week as well. I dont think the graphics are up too much these days but that means it will run on fairly low spec machines which means more players.

Best moment was on the first campaign balcony level when our newly found scottish pal was walking on the tight ledge outside only for a charger to barge past us all and knock him to his death with the charger following with a scottish "ooh ya bastad" which followed that.[GRIN][/GRIN]