The mkiv Supra Owners Club

565bhp Hybrids?

tony tt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i first bought my sup i took it to the body shop to get a few bits sorted out and one of the workers goes to me your turbos are big it must have over 500bhp. To which i replied no its standard it can't make that power on those turbos. He tried to tell me i could easily get 500bhp which i couldnt be botherd to carry on talking and just got in the car and left.

working on building sites I talk to jokers like this all the time. On the site I'm on at the moment I get on quite well with the supervisor from the rendering firm. He's fairly enthusiastic about cars and regularly asks how the Supra is going and if there's anything new to report.

Anyway. He'd mentioned last week that he has a lad working for him who has a Clio sport 182 with almost 300bhp to which I replied "oh, right, immpressive, how did he achieve that? Is it turbocharged?"

I drew a blank asking that and he simply said "I'm not sure, I'll intruduce you next time he's on site"

met him toward the back end of last week, and well, what can I say, he's got a big mouth and unfortunately he can't seem to help throwing the odd ball of shite into every sentence he speaks

He reckons he's running 282bhp.

I said "Wow. That's a massive gain over standard. What's the spec? You running a turbo?

"Nah none of that mate, too complicated, induction kit and superchip"

I tried to keep a straight face whilst looking at his supervisor who had obviously already swallowed this lie several times over and believed it.

"Oh", I replied

"Who done the tuning work for you? Or was it a D.I.Y effort?"

"Ahh, some company in Manchester"

"Can you not remember their name? Surely it must have cost you a fair bit for that sort of gain"

"Ahh, I can't remember mate, it was a while ago now"

I could be wrong but the idea of gaining 100bhp from an induction kit and superchip is ludicrous to me.

There seems to be alot of belief amongst the younger masses in superchips that they are infact "super"

Well tonight i was attending my girlfriends work doo and i got introduced to a man who also has a supra. The conversation went i bit like this. The pleb..What power are you running? Me..around 400 its bpu!. The pleb..oh mine is 565. me..oh is it a big single? The pleb..No they dont come in single turbo its twin turbo!!! Me..Oh right :blink: what kind of turbos are they? The pleb..Stage 3 hybrids my mate Andy Barnes is running 900hp on stage 3 Hybrids! WTF He goes on to tell me its got air suspension and 20" wheel. That part i believe because ive seen the car.

I turned my back on him at this point as i felt like physical violence was brewing. Im not sure if hes a member or not but if he is ive never heard so much crap out a guy about his car!!

Sorry its a bit of a read. Rant over.

Ps is it Andy Barnes that runs sumo power hes on about?

Drink and car talk...always a funny combo.

you should have put him in his place:) with "this pint is actually 25% Alcohol and 75% bullshit are you drinking the same stuff??"

I could be wrong but the idea of gaining 100bhp from an induction kit and superchip is ludicrous to me.

There seems to be alot of belief amongst the younger masses in superchips that they are infact "super"

I once had some fool telling me he'd tuned a Celica to 400 bhp...I said he must have done a lot to make 400; was it turbo charged, or a tripple rotor conversion(!) ? He said no, he'd "double-chipped" it!! How I ROFL'd.

a guy in my town had a supe with a t61 single, on standard uk 550's, and an uprated walbro. :sly: He was claiming a reasonable 1183bhp iirc. :taped:

All because thats what his rltc (i think) box in the dash was saying. How i laughed :eyebrows:

edit: i think he was laughed off this forum.

Haha. I also had 1183hp when I was BPU.... mainly because the blitz power meter ID gives you an estimated HP reading, which completely maxes out at 1183 if you wheel spin the damned thing... funny!!! What a tool...

what a spoilsport lol.

Well, mine is running at about 700bhp. It's an NA with a crappy induction Kit.

The orange paintwork has added a around 100bhp, the graphics have added 100bhp. the spoiler has added 100bhp. i had the tyres inflated to the correct pressure so there is another 50bhp. When i get the Front nose and TRD hood i'm hoping for at least another 100bhp :)

Peter

I think thats the one that Martin (AeroM) put pictures up of a while back. It used to belong to a bloke called Steve who worked in a tattoo shop on Norwich Road. I'm sure it came up on ebay recently so it could well be someone new who owns it now.
Yeah Phil its the same car mate but its some fat bloke thats got it now apparently it use to be his wifes car and after the divorce he kept it and did it up to annoy her but the tatoo guy had the air suspension on it at the time he had it so yet more drivel the guy is talkin!!

Clio sport 182 with almost 300bhp ....blah blah

:rlol:

A good freind of mine has a clio 182, it's cost him nearly 3k to get it up to around 230bhp with no turbo or supercharger. Cams, ECU etc etc. It does go like a rocket though.

I don't know how you lot can keep a straight face and walk away, I'd let them talk tripe in front of an audience, then promptly ruin them in front of everyone.

The pleb..Stage 3 hybrids my mate Andy Barnes is running 900hp on stage 3 Hybrids!

Ps is it Andy Barnes that runs sumo power hes on about?

LOL what is this idiot talking about,

Andy's currently got a R35 running stock set up, if he was talking about the old R34 'Ichiban' then that ran HKS 2835 Turbines @ 688bhp at the wheels power ( 900bhp engine ) but WTF he is going on about stage 3 hybrids :blink: LOL

LOL what is this idiot talking about,

Andy's currently got a R35 running stock set up, if he was talking about the old R34 'Ichiban' then that ran HKS 2835 Turbines @ 688bhp at the wheels power ( 900bhp engine ) but WTF he is going on about stage 3 hybrids :blink: LOL

The nob was just name dropping trying to make his story believable bud.