The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Owning a Vette ?

tooquicktostop

Is this the car? ;)

The sounds made by the person he overtakes are funny. :)

syWJbD1rf0Y

Holy crap, what speed was that doing?

never wanted a vette so bad after seeing this clip, 1min 26 secs in = :D

wWJzWq7uxak

Oh yes, Ligenfelter Vettes :drool:

Anyway, he's had long enough to post photos and has so far failed. Can we give him a temporary ban so he gets the message?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i spoke to him at a week Supra get together.

If i was getting a vette it'd be a C3

I've owned a C3 Corvette, 1975. (the one with the flat rear deck - not the dome rear screen which came in on the 25th Anniversary models in 1978)

I always regretted getting rid of it as I really loved the style of the thing. That was until I spent a couple of years driving a Supra, but telling my mate nostalgic stories about my C3 and how I loved it and never should have sold it.

Without realising it, I'd convinced him that he needed one, so one day he called me to go and have a look at one he was interested in buying.

So off we went to look at this car which , to be fair was in great condition. We took it up the road and as he put his foot down, I heard a slight chuff from the exhaust manifold.

'Ha - mine used to do that' I thought.

Then I started checking out things like the electric windows which went 'CLUNK' when you worked the switch because the first couple of teeth in the metal gears had stripped off.

'Mine used to do that too' I thought.

Then there were the funny little windscreen wipers and the vacuum controlled headlight doors that come up at different speeds making the car look like it had one lazy eye, and the rattly heater blower (that wouldn't work on max speed 'cos there's a separate fuse for that which was blown) and the manual locking that can get a bit stiff and will eventually cause you to break your only key, and the heater vents that flap about because they're old and have gone all loose and....and....and....well, you know what? My old Corvette probably wasn't that good after all!

Having said all that, if you can put up with fixing little things on a regular basis (never anything major in my experience) then go for it. If you aren't looking for something lightning fast or that handles or brakes particularly well (especially in the wet :shock:) then go for it. If you want classic styling that'll still turn plenty of heads and a soundtrack to die for, go for it. For me, I couldn't live with one anymore without a modern, fast, comfortable car to sit alongside it on the driveway.

I love the C3, but I'll keep with my C6 for now.

Driving you dream cars can sometimes be a bit of a let down, the Vette was great fun on the motorway and A roads but it does highlight how "everyday" the Supra is and how easy to drive the MKIV really is, the Vette around town is heavy and the trim is cheap

Somethings have to be accepted to get the look you want, I will always need a second car though

It was the same with the TVR and Older 911 I had

Still turns heads with the V8 through the decat exhaust !

i've had capri's and really good condition ones at that and i know what you mean, the niggly bits i can live with.

The main reason i wanted a C3 is the styling and sound. I was going to sell the supra to get one but now its a case of saving up for one and having both hopefully.

the Vette around town is heavy and the trim is cheap

My brother has a 2004 C5 Z06 , I don't know if they made changes to this model but it's so easy to drive anywhere, just as easy as the Supra

Some of the plastic trim is cheap but it's in places where it doesn't really matter, I definately would have it in place of the Supra.

Have a look of this 1200hp C6 Z06. :blink: :drool:

A7bFEmP5s78

My brother has a 2004 C5 Z06 , I don't know if they made changes to this model but it's so easy to drive anywhere, just as easy as the Supra

Some of the plastic trim is cheap but it's in places where it doesn't really matter, I definately would have it in place of the Supra.

Have a look of this 1200hp C6 Z06. :blink: :drool:

Agreed - the C5 was as easy as the Supe around town and the C6 is no different. (Although it is VERY different on the twisties!! :D )

The interior may be 'cheap' when compared to some other cars of similar 'out of the box' performance, but then I didn't pay the sort fo money that those cars are. When put alongside the interior of cars in the same cost bracket, it's just fine. Totally comfortable and more than functional. Having travelled 3,000 miles around Europe a few weeks back, I wouldn't have wanted to do it in anything else. Didn''t miss a beat and totally addictive to drive.

:D

He doesn't fancy a nice number plate for that, does he?? I'll do him a deal if he's interested!

;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/BrianDuff/Corvettes%20and%20Porsches/CorvetteRearOriginalUpload.jpg

That's a nice plate, :) he might've been interested but he's just been made redundant. :(

He bought a private plate a few months ago, V8 OO? , I always forget the last letter. :)

Picked my daughter up today from school in it for the first time, love the kids faces when they see a cool car, (9 years old !!) she loved it bless her, and a little bit of me loves it too :innocent:

Did she almost get into the wrong side? :D

The kids probably thought it was even cooler that it looked like your 9 year old daughter was driving :D