The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Owning a Vette ?

tooquicktostop

C6 here and get to drive it regularly, it is one of the best cars I have ever driven. 6L of low down torque, 50/50 weight distribution. Light weight plastic body so great bhp/ton. Two seats and no silly 1/2 seats in the back. It returns well over 35mpg on a long run. It just eats the miles. The six speed tip box is a dream to use. To top it all it has the wonderful sound of a big V8. It just loves to be driven. In the right place, it effortlessly sees the other side of 180 still pulling like a train. You have to be very careful as it is all too easy to be doing well over 100 with out noticing, the ride is that good. The very slight down side is they stuck the steering wheel on the wrong side, but you soon get used to it. Unlike a lot of American muscle cars, the C6 likes corners, and takes them well.

Seen too many Stangs in ditches round here (American base). Saw a Yellow one not long ago hugging a tree on a slight bend, (15 degrees) the driver fortunately was OK.

Edit Just read Brian's post and agree with everything he said.

If you fancy a ride in ours you are most welcome, we are not that far away.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd buy one then do this :)

http://www.corvetteclinic.com.au/

Sacrilege!! ;)

Strangely, if you do the whole RHD thing to a 'vette, it's a pain to find a company that'll insure it in the UK.

LHD for me. I did more miles in mainland Europe than in the UK this year anyway. Plus, if I really had to sell, I've got a bigger market selling to Europe than the UK. If it was RHD, they wouldn't want it over there. :)

Is there anyone that will do that in the UK? How much does it cost?

I don't know of anywhere in the UK that'll do it, but I know someone who had a C5 with an Australian conversion. Apparently just the parts cost about £8k!

Just thinking about all the loom extenders behind that makes me think it'd be an electronics nightmare just waiting to happen. Pluse they have to fit a RHD steering rack and relocate the battery & fusebox in the engine bay as well as the brake master cylinder.

Owned a Camaro before and find the LHD thing no problem at all, except for the Dartford toll and parking ticket barriers :D

Who is the best to look at supercharger supply and fitment in the South East, I have used Bob Harmen in Watford in the past on my Z28, they were good guys but very much old school and perhaps not the best fit for supercharging

Not much in the south east for supercharging, i used monkfish http://www.monkfishperformance.co.uk/ but id not recommend them tbh, id say the best is Mark at rapidgb.

http://www.rapid-gb.co.uk/

Thanks, I will give them a shout, with the current US exchange rate, a Purchase from Summit racing may be a better solution and get a trusted garage on here to fit

Thanks, I will give them a shout, with the current US exchange rate, a Purchase from Summit racing may be a better solution and get a trusted garage on here to fit

The kit is pretty easy to fit, mine was done in a day, id have a chat with mark about various kits and take it from there, i made the mistake of fitting a kit and keeping the maff in place, they just upload a generic map:rolleyes: Mark at rapid sorted it all out for me and did me a proper mafless remap that gained me lots of power, that man has been messing with LS engines for a very long time, very knowledgeable guy that has a proper workshop and dyno dynamics dyno.

The kit is pretty easy to fit, mine was done in a day, id have a chat with mark about various kits and take it from there, i made the mistake of fitting a kit and keeping the maff in place, they just upload a generic map:rolleyes: Mark at rapid sorted it all out for me and did me a proper mafless remap that gained me lots of power, that man has been messing with LS engines for a very long time, very knowledgeable guy that has a proper workshop and dyno dynamics dyno.

Just had 10 mins with him now, they have discontinued the Vortex supercharger kit for my car, I need to source my own kit from the US, not an easy find he tells me, he is very happy to fit and set up, he just can not get one, so it starts !:(