The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my twin turbo 5 speed manual supra:(

tails

hi there,

as above im absolutly gutted about doing this, to cut a long story short i put the car up for sale yesterday on piston heads for 6k and tonight it blew 1st and 2nd gear:( so as you may tell im so gutted but i have to sell her.

so heres the spec

price drop

1994 Toyota supra with a converted twin turbo engine with 5 speed manual, conversion professionally carried out.

I've owned the car a year now and sadly have to sell due to debts, have tried everything to keep it but I have to reluctantly sell her.

Engine is running very smooth and no problems since conversion 30,000 miles ago.

The car has a full bomex kit and after market 18" alloys with polished lip.

Stage one mods such as torsen 6 speed lsd diff fitted to car, stage 4 competition clutch, 4" straight bore to back box after first decat, autobahn intercooler and hard piping, hks blow off valve and hks air filter.

brake discs cut and grooved all round.

DVD flip screen with Ipod plug in included and Kenwood door speakers.

All oils changed recently inc, engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, brake oil, clutch oil and engine coolant.

Brand new stage 4 competition clutch installed only a couple of months ago.

Tax and mot for a few more months

Rear tyres only couple month's old as well.

Body work in ok condition for it age barely any rust and one or two little scratches to be expected for its age.

Bad points

gearbox

apart from that nothing major, for a car of its age it has wear here and there.

Little scratch on passenger door and wing, crack on wing mirror as well

Aerial snapped of needs replacing.

2 small cracks on front bumper.

Top part of heater control panel light needs re-connecting.

Wear on driver's seat slight rip and on door card.

Head unit needs proper cradle.

One of the bolts on the front passenger side wheel sheered of new parts bought just needs replacing.

bonnet needs attension does not sit right thanks to previous owner bending drop hinge

2 spare alloys included same as on the car as 2 on the car have the laquer peeled a bit and original front bumper and spoiler also included.

sorry if ive missed anything my heads all over the place,

so as it stands needed a new gearbox which can be picked up for between £250-£500 im gona just say £4200 to take it away for you guys as said genuine reason i have to sell but gutted it has to be like this.

my number is 07843842419 £4200 and its yours guys

IMG]image[/img

IMG]image[/img

IMG]image[/img

IMG]image[/img

IMG]image[/img

:rolleyes:

Only if you want your insurance to be invalid.

exactly what i was thinking - all mods need to be declared or you will find that you're driving without valid insurance

good luck with the sale, seems a little expensive IMO for a converted n/a with no gearbox - but good luck anyway

seems a little expensive IMO for a converted n/a with no gearbox - but good luck anyway

True. Seen some nice tt 6 speeds sell for less than £6k on here.

You may need to adjust your price to get a quick sale.

Alot of potential customers who don't know supras will run a mile before buying with a knackered box as they will assume a replacement will be expensive.

True. Seen some nice tt 6 speeds sell for less than £6k on here.

You may need to adjust your price to get a quick sale.

Alot of potential customers who don't know supras will run a mile before buying with a knackered box as they will assume a replacement will be expensive.

And they will be right, it will cost a lot to get this car into £5k condition.

Looks like the bonnet is ok, and that its actually the wings that look a little off.

Sure its ok and just the pictures though.

Get some better pics up so that folks can make a better judgement on the car. Might be an idea to get the gearbox fixed and then selling it on mate. Will put a lot of people off.

Best of luck :)

Good luck selling it as an honest car with 'garage D' in your sig. Dodgy bonnet hinges aren't as common as dodgy Supras.

This car belonged to a member of this forum and the conversion was carried out by extreme performance.

Julian at garage-d is a friend of mine.

This is my for sale thread, why are you spamming it with these comments, if your interested in the car heres my phone number 07919350789, if not please refrain from posting your negative comments on my for sale thread.

simples:blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.