The mkiv Supra Owners Club

selling a car to Sweden??

Soaruss

I have a guy from Sweden who is also on this forum wanting to buy my Supra, says he can come and collect it next saturday, but I'v neve sold a car abroad before. Should I be weary or is it all straight forward like selling in UK??

Told him I want it in GBP cash. He has offered x amount ££££'s without seeing it first, apart from pics.

Just dont want to be done.

have bought several cars in the past from the UK. No problems to export. Make sure that the document on the bottom of the V5 is returned to the DVLA so that It can be registered abroad.

just what he said. i bought a supra last month. i live in the netherlands. i picked up the car in the uk drove it back . arranged a 14 days insurance, with europe coverages.

yup that's what i did, i my case the garage manager came pick me up at the port (ferry from nl to newcastle). arranged the paper work and went for my fun drive back home :D

or maybe you do the deal at the airport, make sure you send in you dvla papers so the governors know the car is going to be or has been exported.

and then the other have to arrange a temp assurance to drive it back legallely.