The mkiv Supra Owners Club

shares?

L33

just wondered how many have shares on here?

not really sure or understand them but my company have a 5 year share incentive plan scheme where its on a ratio 1:2 up to 6 shares, so 6 shares you get 12 free. currently 10.86 a share which i know can change. i can put any thing from £10 a month to £125 quid a month all off my top line tax free.

just wondered if there safe? always here of the stock market crashing, just dont want to get involved with some thing i dont really understand if its going to damage my pocket.

the shares will be with scottish and southern which always seem to make profit so hopeing it wont be a dangerous move? every one at work is always on about how good the plan is.

just wondered if any one can share some light on it that speaks my languare not tech stuff ;)

I keep meaning to spend some time on here (net) and look into cheap share dealing.

I've about 2K of shares in standard life I got for free and as I've never had the money would be prepared to "gamble" if it was fun and I could make a bit.

I was going to sell them and buy into Cadburys when I first got them - wish I had now.

Trouble is that when I turm the PC on at home, by the time I've looked at my car & bike forums, family on facebook, done a bit of important "research":blink: it's to late.

Must make more time by not going on facebook :)

G

i can withdraw the money at any time but then have to pay tax ect on it, if i leave for 5 years its all tax free.

i worked out if it stayed at 10 a share which i doubt it will and i pay £120 a month, thats 6 shares with the extra 1:2 ratio, so extra 12 shares which totals £180

6 shares left over to make up the £120 a month so thats £60

£180+£60 is £240 a month for only paying £120

12 months a year is £2880

5 years £14,400 but ive only paid £7,200

thats all IF the shares stay at £10 a share :)

i guess thats pretty good? its a big company and they talk about profits in the millions not 1000s

I'm in a couple of share saves with my own, employers (for the pedantic), company. Great way to save money, if the shares dip and it looks like you will take a loss just take the money instead. I pay for my shares after tax so any money I put in I am entitled to get back out tax free. If the shares are looking good though, and I choose to buy them with the money I have saved, I then need to keep a hold of them for 2 years to get the profit made from the shares tax free.

I'm using it as a savings plan basically, if I get something out it then great. If I don't, I haven't lost anything. The incentive for me is that I get the shares at a capped rate. My first set are due to mature in 2011 at a cost of 1.97 to me. They are currently sitting at £5.54, well they were last week. My second set has been capped off at 4.12, they aren't due to mature until 2013 though so hopefully the shares will have taken another jump.

but then you have money coming out of your account left right and center lol

thats why ive put off doing it until now which i am a bit annoyed about! been with the company almost 5 years now so could of had some coming out! im sure i will be with them another 5 years so will make a start now before i really notice the money going!

im thinking put the maximum amount in, as its before tax it will hardly be noticeable?

I'm in a couple of share saves with my own, employers (for the pedantic), company. Great way to save money, if the shares dip and it looks like you will take a loss just take the money instead. I pay for my shares after tax so any money I put in I am entitled to get back out tax free. If the shares are looking good though, and I choose to buy them with the money I have saved, I then need to keep a hold of them for 2 years to get the profit made from the shares tax free.

I'm using it as a savings plan basically, if I get something out it then great. If I don't, I haven't lost anything.

the company has a shares saving plan like that too, just the incentive one is in the title really, they give you free stuff :) cant turn down free stuff as a good incentive

but then you have money coming out of your account left right and center lol

thats why ive put off doing it until now which i am a bit annoyed about! been with the company almost 5 years now so could of had some coming out! im sure i will be with them another 5 years so will make a start now before i really notice the money going!

im thinking put the maximum amount in, as its before tax it will hardly be noticeable?

If you think you can't afford the max amount then start of smaller, Then take out a bigger one the following year and just carry on like that.

I do a fair bit of stock market trading, always on ADVFN researching etc and doing trades as suitable (you don't tend to trade every day though, more of an investment manner). Many newbies have a pop at the stock market ina gambling manner and then loose, you need to be technical and logical in this market.

I work for a Pharma company in which I have the employee share scheme running, I have £50 p/mnth going into that to buy shares at a reduced rate.

What company do you work for?

Are the share prices on an upward trend?

Is it growing?

Is there potential for it to expand or grow its services?

If all is well with the company and the outlook is good then get them especially if you tend on staying with them for a few years etc. Generally shares via the company you work for tend to be a respectable investment in the long run.

Also you mention the stock markets crashing, yes the recession hit hard on many but there were good buys in there with some companies growing.

just wondered how many have shares on here?

not really sure or understand them but my company have a 5 year share incentive plan scheme where its on a ratio 1:2 up to 6 shares, so 6 shares you get 12 free. currently 10.86 a share which i know can change. i can put any thing from £10 a month to £125 quid a month all off my top line tax free.

just wondered if there safe? always here of the stock market crashing, just dont want to get involved with some thing i dont really understand if its going to damage my pocket.

the shares will be with scottish and southern which always seem to make profit so hopeing it wont be a dangerous move? every one at work is always on about how good the plan is.

just wondered if any one can share some light on it that speaks my languare not tech stuff ;)

This sounds like a govt approved employee 'sharesave' scheme. IF it is, then you're capital is protected anyway, so if the share price falls so that it's lower at the end of your term (5 years or whatever) then you can opt to simply have your cash returned to you so you lose nothing. If the price is higher at the end of the term, then you can excercise your option to buy the shares at the price agreed on day one, so you'd be quids in.

Re. it really being worth doing, well that depends on the company. I'd need more info on that to make any sort of judgement on whether I'd buy shares in it. (name of the company so I can find out the market cap., sector etc) Nobody will be able to tell you if the company's shares are a good bet without telling them what company it is so they can do a bit of research first.

I'd hope their profits would be in the millions - I try not to buy into many companies with a market cap of less than about 30million. (unless there is particular news on the way. ;) )

Scottish and southern is the main company which has smaller companies for the different areas in uk. I work for southern electric who are one of the smaller companies for scottish and southern down south west way. The shares are for the main company scottish and southern

Sounds good Lee and in the current climate things are picking up in the stock market. My friends sister works from home and does pretty well from stock market trading in the comfort of her living room. While her husband works for Lloyld TSB and advises on good shares which have come into the market. Though they did lose quite a bit of money in the recession they are still pretty well off.

You could gain some information from this and others like Bloomberg & FT (though they can get quite technical).

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/home/homepage.htm