The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sub £2k Supra to go racing with

SteveR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I raced in the Porsche 924 series for a couple of seasons. Same idea; cheap racing and close competition. The suggestion was that you could buy a car for £1000, put a roll cage etc. in and off you go. It was obvious that people were spending big (6 figures!) money on the series and even then they weren't winning. It cost me in excess of £8000 to build a car from the previous one I'd written off. The idea of cheap racing is very appealing but in reality it's very hard to do. Time Attack should be cheap but it's not.

If you want to race cheaply, look at anything organised by the 750MC, particularly their MR2 series.

I raced in the Porsche 924 series for a couple of seasons. Same idea; cheap racing and close competition. The suggestion was that you could buy a car for £1000, put a roll cage etc. in and off you go. It was obvious that people were spending big (6 figures!) money on the series and even then they weren't winning. It cost me in excess of £8000 to build a car from the previous one I'd written off. The idea of cheap racing is very appealing but in reality it's very hard to do. Time Attack should be cheap but it's not.

I do wonder how they'll police the idea of this cheap & cheerful championship, if indeed it goes ahead. I also smirk at those spending gigapouds and getting nowhere. I'd prefer to be the bloke in the cheap car when it comes to fighting for the same peice of tarmac. I know who'll win/come off better in the event of an 'argument'. ;)

If you want to race cheaply, look at anything organised by the 750MC, particularly their MR2 series.

Many thanks for that! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.