The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sub £2k Supra to go racing with

SteveR

Yep, very doubtful they'd be competitive. You don't have to buy a Supra though, I've been giving some thought to changing mine for something else..

oh i dunno! with someone like num driving i can see them standing half a chance.... plus we could secretly nitrous them :sly:

what would you possible change yours to? mr2? :shrug:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get your hands on an MV6, they handle pretty well out of the box (although not well enough for track use)

So no good for competition track use then! :p

I'd assume (Maybe not a good idea!) that they're well catered for suspension wise, as they have taken part in lots of different forms of motorsport over the years.

I don't doubt it - but that means spending money, which reduces the budget to buy the car in the first place. I'm not keen on Vauxhalls I'm afraid, and especially not sold on picking one up for track use against something that was at least slightly performance focussed from the factory (Supra, MR2, etc).

So it's an 'idea'? When they decide something solid it could be good, I wouldn't rush out to buy a car for a series that doesn't exist yet though.

I'm sure I'd enjoy the car regardless. ;) Besides, the more people who support it (especially those who are ready to join in), the better chance it has of happening.

Have you considered the Nippon Challenge? That's been going for a couple of years now..

Never heard of it, i'll take a look ta :thumbs:

how about an s14?

Bit drifty, surely? And what advantage does that have over a Supra?

Yep, very doubtful they'd be competitive. You don't have to buy a Supra though, I've been giving some thought to changing mine for something else..

Shout if you're selling. I'd prefer to stick faithful to the Supra. MR2s are fun no doubt, but I'm a Supra man through and through. I'll take some convincing to defect, even if it's potentially not the most competitive in class.

Thanks for the link - I WILL go & look as I used to have a BMW and loved it very much, but a 318is... :eek:

Drop a decent engine in that and it'll be a winner.

exactly - why start with that and have to change stuff when I could start with a Supra and just take stuff off to have largely the same result? (and more support from here!)

could be fun as it is

Fun maybe - but a bone stock Supra is also fun yet at the same time much better known to me, and if it comes down to it - much more my style & much more likely to find support from here. :)

Thats not very cheap Steve, my sisters classic races are approx the same cost, go get your race liscence and come classic racing with us ;)

We'll possibly be going to Monza again next year :cool: although she crashed the car at Lesmo 2 same spot as L Hamilton:(

Nice Alfa :cool:

Im interested in doing mine just so i can enter the 2010 Brighton speed trials.

From http://www.msauk.org/site/cms/contentviewarticle.asp?article=784

Minimum Requirements

• You must be at least 16 years old.
  • Before you can apply for your first Race Licence, you must do the following:
    1. Purchase a "Go Racing" starter pack from the MSA. This pack includes a DVD, a copy of the MSA Competitors Yearbook, the necessary application form, plus various other useful items.
    2. If 18 or over, obtain a medical certificate (the form for completion is in the "Go Racing" pack).
    3. Complete a half-day MSA course for novice drivers run only by members of the Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS). Please contact your local school for costs.

I'll look into tha Dnk, I always assumed your sis was playing with much bigger budgets. I'll/we'll need a race license for the (potential) race series I've highlighted, so that will be the first thing we do anyway. :)

I was sort of fooling with you Steve as yes her budget is a bit high, a new race car is being built from the ground up and will be circa 50k by the time its finished.

Not sure what she'd sell a shared drive in her old Alfa (pictured) for but i'll ask to give you an idea.

Being serious though pop along next year as its a good laugh and we lay on food & drink and ofcourse entertainment either on track or in the pits :D

Buy my mint mr2 for 2.2k ;) Only done 58k, blueflame exhaust (96db) track friendly, koni's suspension all round, R888's already fitted ;) She is stunning though! Not really looking to sell but i'm not using it as i'm about to move into my 1st house :)

Posting some pictures might attract the OPs interest (That and I want to see some pics of the MR2 as it looks really nice from your avatar :D )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.